Most Obscure Star Wars Prop (1977-1983)

I can confirm it is not Tupperware. And unlike Tupperware, it is not a collectable brand, so you won't find it by knowing the maker. If you live in England, where it was made, your best bet would be second hand shops. It was also sold in parts or Europe.

Also, the wrist com thing, I have heard it was a selector button of some sort of vending machine. I always looked familiar to me, but could not remember where I saw a botton like that.

Also, the wrist com thing, I have heard it was a selector button of some sort of vending machine. I always looked familiar to me, but could not remember where I saw a botton like that.

It’s also used on the Cloud City mic/comlink..another obscure prop.

9935FD91-19C8-41AD-BF76-3519175C2B70.jpeg

I remember those! That's like the old cigarette vending machine handles. I used to pull on them, as a kid, while waiting on my mom to finish grocery shopping.
looks like the handle is a transcriptor tone arm.

did that grill piece come on vending machine handles?

I read somewhere it may have been identical to Luke's wrist communicator on Hoth. Just with LEDs? Let me find a pic..

View attachment 766154
what the hell is that?
Whatever they are, I think several of them might also be inside the Snowspeeder cockpit; at least in the cockpit used for closeups.

Do we know the Tupperware item number for that larger pitcher? The smaller 'cup' is a vintage "Sweet-Saver", item 640. I'd love to ID that larger pitcher...
I remember the pitcher having been mentioned as being from Rubbermaid.
Edit: There is a 2 quart Rubbermaid pitcher that is close but not exact.

Last edited:
looks like the handle is a transcriptor tone arm.

did that grill piece come on vending machine handles?

Stylus brush, not a tonearm ;)

I find the Hoth "scanner" prop and Han Solo´s welder very obscure, since until today not all parts/ components could be identified

The greeblies I was referring to were on the sides of the pilot's seat.
Oh. Here I see at least five of the things that were the base for the AT-AT driver's comm pad (whatever that was), and the box from the Rebel Soldier's back pack.
Oops, can you point them out? :)

Those jugs are hard to get your hands on, as mentioned due to non-collectability, and also easy discolouration from 1970's orange juice drinks and stuff like that. They went yellow fairly quickly cos of industrial strength orange food colouring lol, so looked a bit icky, and just got replaced. They are out there though.

They are probably the base part for various cast tubular props on the Death Star and Falcon navcom, etc.

Jug by Stewart, England.

10393937_10152366653967027_8538287418461221594_n.jpg

Here: I have coloured them. There may be more but I'm not sure.
I am not 100% sure on the Hoth backpack greeblie: there were supposedly two halves of the original part one that are slightly different and only one was used on the backpack.
View attachment 767390
holy crap, thanks! those purple ones are the wrist comm I thought

- - - Updated - - -

I have those bits if anyone is interested https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/bb17710e92392f7fddc737dd60951e94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Any ID?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back