Most Obscure Star Wars Prop (1977-1983)

I think my oddest prop is a full photo electron tube. The filters stacked inside are found on the emperor's chair, ROTJ "Charge" bombs and Vader's reveal helmet.

It's not a star wars prop however, it was used in the incredible hulk movie. My mother used to sell Avon products and she gave it to me close to 30 years ago. It needs a good polishing, but it's the same exact jewelry box Tyler had in her bedroom. Once I spotted it, I immediately recognized it. My wife found it in an old box of my stuff and put it on her dresser.

20170927_215543.jpg

I've seen something like that before. I'm thinking some kind of container where those handles pull out and then sit back flush with the container.

It looks like its a lid from a pressurized container. Aircraft potable water jug?

Sofaking, they look like some sort of vintage car power antenna like this (scroll down for pics);

http://www.eldorado-seville.com/files/tag-power-antenna.php

Edit: disregard....I thought you were talking bout the silver throttle handle things. With that said, your mystery part looks like a center console from an early 70's automatic.

Last edited:
One, that I couldn't believe that I found in the real world (at a local junk shop), is the little gas torch the Jawas used to put R2's restraining bolt on.
View attachment 761741

Thanks for posting this. I'm building my own r2 and this is an excellent prop to display near him. I just pulled one off ebay for 12 bucks. There are a couple others listed if anyone else wants one.

I think my oddest prop is a full photo electron tube. The filters stacked inside are found on the emperor's chair, ROTJ "Charge" bombs and Vader's reveal helmet.

Got any pics? We've been trying to find out what was used for the ROTJ bunker bomb since this site started!

I have an old cast metal torch too! There are plastic ones I've heard that are near identical, albeit not screen accurate.

My phone is acting up, but this is the photomultiplier tube I have - except I have no base and the tube is completely filled with the plates. This one is only half filled.
s-l225.jpg

You want obscure? How about a prop that never got screen time:

Lando's Falcon hatch remote...

Star-Wars-Trilogy-Deleted-Scene-5.jpg

For some reason I was fascinated by this little prop back when it was an accessory with the deleted scene figure a few years back. I think there was some discussion on it but not anything concrete.

I have a Code 3 Falcon that I have a set of gold dice displayed with it and I wanted to add the remote as well.

However...

If you want to know my favorite all time most desired obscure prop of Star Wars 77-83 (you did not limit it to movies), it would have to be Lumpy's stuffed Bantha from the Holiday Special.

latest?cb=20121005000356.jpg

I would love a replica of that thing. I currently have three mass produced little stuffed banthas in my collection because of my fascination with this prop since I first saw it in 1978. But of course they are not as impressive as the the one Lumpy had.

Last edited:
I have a red and black pair of these, originals, been sitting on my desk for a few years as I like a bit of retro plastic. Fast-forward a few years, I dropped a paper clip in the thing and had to take it apart to get it out ....and then found the base of the pen-holder was another greeblie. I had given up looking for the base part quite sometime ago LOL!!!

1480502_10151733661492027_1227160400_n.jpg 557584.jpg

I have an old cast metal torch too! There are plastic ones I've heard that are near identical, albeit not screen accurate.

My phone is acting up, but this is the photomultiplier tube I have - except I have no base and the tube is completely filled with the plates. This one is only half filled.
View attachment 762414

I have a few different Photomultiplier Tubes, can I please ask what were these used for in the original props, thanks for any info...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back