A new Orca to surface from the depths ...

wesworld

Hello,
I'm resurrecting an old project ... The Orca ...
In fact, I would like to build all of the boats represented in the Jaws movies. The one that has me stuck is the two masted Ketch, Neptune;s Folly
I will keep you posted on my efforts. I have many personal challenges to overcome. CMT type 2N2; Like Muscular Dystrophy its a genetic and debilitating neuromuscular disease. I have no feeling in my hands or feet. I have excessive tremors in my hands. I am wheelchair bound this makes it nearly impossible to shop at my local hobby shop. Thank goodness for online shopping venue alternatives. Too bad for that guy; and goody for my wallet.

I am currently in exhaustive research phase just now as I prepare my work space for this build. I know there are a number of great builds out there. However I wish not to "copy" anyone in particular; except for the original.

By my estimation this build will take me over the next year.

Wes

I'll take it under advisement for the kits ... the best I might be able to do after I build it for the short term is offer a materials list and suppliers for the parts if not custom made. I see many of those pieces being custom made but not too difficult that an advanced modeler could not make them.

My current progress is that I have purchased the first batch of wood that may complete the keel, Framing, and Planking. I expect this to take me a few months.
Last week my doctor told me he would like to operate and that will take me out of commission for a few weeks at least. So it goes with CMT ... another day in the life ... My third hospitalization in 6 months.

Take care of yourself. I'd only be interested in a kit if it was pretty easy to put together because my model building skills aren't as refined as many. When you get a chance to hop back on the project, take some enjoyment with it and hopefully that'll help take your mind off of your physical ailments. :)

Feel free to show us how it's going too. Would be cool.

It has been a while ... I am nearly no further along than the last time. I did manage to get the hull from blocked out. but not finished cutting those out yet. And its back to the hospital for yet another surgery ... this time my shoulder ... seems that I have blown a tendon in my rotator ... that will take me out of commission 6 - 9 months. :(

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back