"Two to beam up" 1:12 scale

Hemble

"Two to beam up" 1:12 scale

Hi All.

Completed this dio/display for my Mezco Trek figures.

Recipe

Figures - are from Mezco and I did a full repaint on the heads, hands, boots and equipment, once everything was dry I added gloss varnish to the eyes, lips and boots.

Base - the base itself is high density foam with balsa wood edges, I also used high density foam to make the stone floor and the top of the column. The base of the column is balsa wood and the column itself is PVC pipe cut to size and then I used corrugated cardboard and glued it around the PVC pipe, once all the pieces to the column were dry I then covered the column with watered down spakfilla.

The ground work is a mix of spakfilla, dirt and thins sticks and I mixed the lot together then added small Vallejo Chocolate Brown and covered the area's of the base that I wanted the dirt to be. Once the ground work was dry I then dry brushed it using Vallejo Beige Brown, for the bushes I used Woodland Scenics tree making set Medium Green. The grass tufts are from Army Painter and the creeping vines are from MiniNatur.

I used Vallejo and Army Painter paints to paint and weather the column and to paint the figures.

Ron

- - - Updated - - -

4 more pics.

Attachments

• kte1.JPG
    kte1.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 180
  • kte2.JPG
    kte2.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 130
  • kte3.JPG
    kte3.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 123
  • kte4.JPG
    kte4.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 113
  • kte5.JPG
    kte5.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 115
  • kte6.JPG
    kte6.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 109
  • kte7.JPG
    kte7.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 140
  • kte8.JPG
    kte8.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 125
  • kte9.JPG
    kte9.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 117
  • kte10.JPG
    kte10.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 137
  • kte11.JPG
    kte11.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 105
  • kte12.JPG
    kte12.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 104
  • kte13.JPG
    kte13.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 128
  • kte14.JPG
    kte14.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 110
Awesome. I love the foliage and ground covering. Very natural looking

I'd love to see your display cases or however you display all those dioramas

That's pretty cool! The way you made the column though is something I would never have thought of, or wouldn't think would work. Very cool!

Re: "Two to beam up" 1:12 scale

Awesome. I love the foliage and ground covering. Very natural looking

I'd love to see your display cases or however you display all those dioramas

Thanks heaps blakeh, I don't have much in them as I have sold a lot of them due to my new room being smaller. I also have a model comp on this weekend so I have a few of them entered in that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Another great looking display. Those figures look really good as well.

Cheers angrytrooper and the figures are like mini Hottoys or Sideshow there that good, Mezco did an amazing job on them but I can't leave well enough alone and have to repaint them LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty cool! The way you made the column though is something I would never have thought of, or wouldn't think would work. Very cool!

Thanks Sluis and it was a stroke of luck as I was at the local craft store looking for thing to use and then I saw the corrugated cardboard and got a few sheets and was amazed how good they look once glued on.

Ron

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back