Harry Knowles

MooCriket

Master Member
Honestly I'm surprised Ain't It Cool is still around. I just checked and it looks like an abandoned Geosite. Talk backs long disabled. His con of a kick starter was something else. Looks like the final nails are being put in that coffin.
http://www.thewrap.com/aint-it-cool...s-longtime-staffers-quit/#.Wcl8ShcgNzY.reddit

The guy always creeped me out, and it's not because he looks like the Orangutan from Planet of the Apes.

The guy, in my opinion, was the start of toxic fandom. Fanboys doxing women writers, fanboys starting petitions to fire directors, the constant negging on messages boards, hatemail and hatetweets sent to screenwriters when movies aren't exactly what a fanboy wanted-- part of this is due to nerd culture having suddenly become pop-mainstream culture... but I truly believe that when AICN first got huge in the early 2000s Harry suddenly had the power to tank a movie if he didn't like it. He was never a journalist or cinephile, he was a fanboy with a blog, and his brand of "journalism" set a new standard. Now we have sites like io9 that call themselves news, but don't know how to draw the line between editorial statements and legit reporting.

So to find out Harry is a dirtbag human? Great-- now I have a legit reason to hate him.

Wow, I remember back in the 90’s going to his site for all the “spoiler” gossip and remember when he became famous and given “credit” by the Studios for helping Titanic becoming a blockbuster and also killing “Batman and Robin” at the theaters so his opinion mattered then and the Studios kissed his ass with gifts and set visits. I quit going to the site years ago after his “reviews” for most movies were “positive” and “must see movies,” I knew he was no longer a “neutral and unbiased” reviewer and quit reading his site. In fact I forgot it was even still online until this news. Funny how being “famous” comes full circle and puts you back in the spotlight once again but this time as the “villain.” Shame, I hope his victims are ok and get some closure with all of this coming to light. So long Harry Knowles, please don’t come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back