My Audrey II

SuddenlySeymour

From the moment when my kids first watch Little Shop of Horrors, I knew my next puppet would be an Audrey II.

I found a few fantastic puppets that had been made previously online, but I wanted it as close to movie version as possible.

After a few weeks of planning with my other half and talking materials we purchased a solid polystyrene egg.

11.jpg

I had the reference from various scenes printed out, and so started drawing a rough jaw and mouth shape, and cutting it in half along the line.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Next came some shaving of the edges, just to create the side lip shape, in preparation for modelling clay, which I used to form the lip shape.

3.jpg 5.jpg

If I was to go back and re-do any stage, I'd use less clay, to try make it a bit lighter. It's no overly heavy as it is, but when wearing it for longer than 2-3 hours it can become cumbersome.

I crafted the teeth individually and stuck them straight into the still wet clay and left it to dry in an airing cupboard.

7.jpg

I covered it all with a mixture of PVA and paper before using the hot glue gun to put some details on the top, and painting.
9.jpg

To finish it off I took some artificial Ivy and hot glued them onto a green glove, which I wear to create the stem and control the puppet, the arm holding the plant pot is fake. Some larger leaves glued around the back of the head help add depth and hide my hand where it goes into the puppet.

12.jpg 22007980_1495283207223711_7803035251299058343_n.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Think I saw you in passing at MCM. Never got back around to get a photo unfortunately.

Looked great in person and the motion you had was amazing as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great build! I'd like to add a couple of suggestions if I could. Run the strap around your neck under the arm of the sweater vest and around your neck.
Also, I would make a fake arm to "hold" the pot (with a fake hand) and make a hidden sleeve for your real arm to go into the pot. It just helps the illusion.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back