Bladerunner blaster display WIP

Hi guys Im thinking of making these tiles in a lightweight expanded foam moulding with a 6mm plywood backing to hang them from the wall or convert them into whatever you would like. But heres the kicker.
do I make them as a wall display for a blaster with mounting points for the blaster. like this.
or make them as untouched tiles. ? Andy Preston Ennis Tile blaster wall mount.jpg
What do you guys think would work best

That's absolutely great. I'm so stealing the idea for my PKD when I put up my armory wall in my house. Amazing work on your part creating it.

That's absolutely great. I'm so stealing the idea for my PKD when I put up my armory wall in my house. Amazing work on your part creating it.

Stealing whos idea :) I think I must have stolen it without knowing from someone else first.
Thanks for the kind words, so I guess you would air on the side for a wall display..vs plain tile.

So, I'm a weird case. I actually won't have a "real" PKD when it's all said and done. I've got a twin barreled version I did for a fallout costume, and I have another one that I got the maker of the 3D file to put an extra long barrel and shroud on for aesthetics, which will be the one I'm mounting. I also do a lot of 3D printing, so I'm coming at this concept from all the wrong angles to be what I'd consider a good representation of who you might market them to.

I guess I'd say that if you're marketing to PKD enthusiasts, you're already looking at people who are painting and assembling some very high quality kits, or putting a ton of elbow grease and know how into converting the water pistol. So these are people who appreciate quality, and have the skills and desire to make things themselves.

For that reason, I'd lean towards a "plain" tile, probably made out of something a little more stout that spray foam (PKD fans like heft ;)); because they're likely to want to put the gun on there in their own way, possibly mounting the 2019 along with a copy of K's blaster, maybe throw a badge and museum style name plate on it, etc.

Any material you can put a drill bit into without warping the area around it, that it going to survive the same pressure as a stout handshake would do, in my mind.

Last edited:
That's a agreat reply, thanks for your thoughts. I will see what materials do the job well whist keeping the overall weight down for shipping in case anyone wants one eventually.
I made the display on the wall, but the hangers need to be redesigned as I didn't feel safe hanging a blaster worth a load of money on there. It would be ok if the display had a Perspex box over it, then the baster couldn't fall so far if the display was knocked. Ill check into these issues before finalising anything and posting it in the INT threads.

Thanks Strikerkc

This looks fantastic! I'd steer more towards an untouched tile personally as some may want to, for whatever reason, display it differently (at an angle etc). I'd imagine, due to the material, it'd be relatively easy to add our own mounts.

I'm totally feeling that a full tile would be best. It makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for the replies guys.
I need to find the right material for it now. Total resin would be mega expensive for the tile, Concrete or plaster would be cheaper, but mad heavy, Ill keep looking for something to fit the bill. Or if anyone has ideas or experience about moulding materials for something like this, and would like to share... bring it on :) im all ears for new info.

Hello again folk’s
Here is the latest update on the Tile display.
I’ve done the mould, the very large mould which had me worried a little about sealing the edges etc, but it ended up much better than I expected.
rpf AP mould 1.jpg
One of my primary concerns was keeping the weight of the finished tiles low enough to be easily shipped overseas without a massive weight cost. Each of the finished tiles weighs in at about 800 grams. This should make for 1.2 kilo shipping weight approximately.
Because of the need to mount the blaster to the front of this (if you so desire) it was a concern that I may not get the internal support needed to drill and insert the supports. I am not going to add blaster supports as an option because there are very subtle differences between blaster types which make some of them sit at slight angle if I drill the mounts to suit my Sidkit, rather than a Tomen. So as you can see from the rest of this thread I will supply these as blank tiles with no blaster supports.
The construction of these tiles is as follows.
1st layer in the mould is a fine casting resin, in order that the outer skin picks up all the texture details of the mould, and that it can be painted easily and keep the finish nice.
2nd layer is a PU expanding rigid foam, high density and easily tough enough to support a blaster fixing drilled through from front to back.
3rd layer is a 6mm plywood backing. This is inserted into the mould during the final foam layer which bonds it into the casting. This is so you can drill the back safely for wall mounts, and so it adds extra support to any blaster mounting points should you decide to do it (drill them all the way through to the back and add glue internaly).
Or you may have them in a raw cast state, straight from the mould like this
rpf AP mould cose raw cast.jpgrpf raw cast.jpg

Or a finished painted version like this.
rpf close airbrush and textured.jpgrpf close finish.jpgrpf four stack.jpg

I can make these to order in 10 days.
All of the tiles will come with the same construction. There could be minor imperfections as they are all hand made, but I do try my best to make them perfect.
I will be listing these in the junkyard soon, ebay auction sales, in order that the shipping is fully covered with hassle free insurance overseas.
Here are a few shots of the first four tiles.
I will be making more to order, as these are mine, mainly because I was experimenting with different amounts of resin and techniques.

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I posted on this thread. Many of you have had a tile from me over the last year, many thanks to all
who have.
I finally got around to making some kind of wall display for my blasters using the tiles mounted on the wall and acrylic covers. I thought I would share it with you folks for inspiration (as if you need it !). Just making the last one for the bottles, then another couple of covers to finish it off.
Thanks again to all.
AP Blade runner blaster wall box.jpg
k blaster AP wall display.jpg

Hi Sean.
No I don't make my own covers, I get those made for me by a company in the UK.
Cheers joberg, I have weathered mine a little more than the ones I have sold, just in case people want a cleaner version.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back