Bladerunner blaster display WIP

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Rpf folks.
I've had my SidKit all metal BR blaster on a nice stand for a while now, but after having the it on there for some time I've decided it is a bit hidden amongst the other things on my work surfaces etc, so ive decided to mount it to the wall.
So I checked out all the "normal" wall mounts for pistols etc, but I wasn't really inspired enough to spend my cash on anything.
Then after receiving an origami unicorn, chicken and little match guy, in a great wall display box for my birthday, it got me thinking.

And after a shed load of checking stuff out and deliberating, I decided to make this.

small 1.jpgsmall 4.jpg

Ill post more images as the work progresses. It may not be exact, but Its pretty close. I think you get the idea.

Cheers for the likes guys.
Ive done a load more on this yesterday. Its an insane design to replicate with all the angles and inclined sidewalls to each part. There are some little niggles to sort out with the filer stage before I can get close to making a mold for it.

So ive finished the basic build and coated it with some resin to take the filler without the plywood sucking the life out of it.
Heres the next shots from the build.
small 9.jpgall covered in resin.
small 6.jpgfirst bit of filler.
small 5.jpgthis is it after a shed load of sanding. theres a load more to come as I tighten up the angles and straighten a few slightly wonky lines.

Its getting there !

Yep, lots of work for that little tile. Now you know how these guys felt making those for FLLW and Ennis house;)

Looks great! I have also been throwing around the idea of getting a tile. Right now I'm using a laser cut trivet, but it is undersized at 7.75" x 7.75".

Attachments

• IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 97
I love FLLW he's been a hero of mine for many years.
I'm getting a much greater respect for how incredible his design work is/was, the multi layered 3d is just amazing and incredibly labour intensive. He must have had hundreds of other designs which never made it to reality.

The tile I'm making is 13 inches square and 1.5 inches thick at its thickest point, (the square pyramid thingy ) :)

Just doing more sanding now, oh well, it should be over soon !!!

More sanding done, ive primed it to check the surfaces. Still a long way to go.
tile primer.jpg
This is how I see the gun on the surface. The tile seems to suit the single gun display with the high pyramid on the bottom right.
Im going to cast about 10 of these and use them on the rear wall of my office, so I will mount them with the pyramid in the bottom left as seen in his apartment.

Anyhow, thats enough yabbering on about it.
gun 2.jpggun.jpg

Hey IFA, nice one. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm not surprised others have done this, it seems like a great display waiting to happen.
Any ideas who's it is, if it isn't yours :)

I should be doing more on mine in the next few days. Great post.
Has anyone else out there done one in this style ?

Hey IFA, nice one. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm not surprised others have done this, it seems like a great display waiting to happen.
Any ideas who's it is, if it isn't yours :)

I should be doing more on mine in the next few days. Great post.
Has anyone else out there done one in this style ?

This was a Blade Runner blaster and badge prototype from Icons Authentic replicas company. Just one made....then never went to production !!!

The gun had no moving parts and was molded after a stunt filming model.

That's really interesting.
I thought the blaster looked a bit different, grips and overall shape etc. The pins in the tile which hold the gun are in weird positions as well. That made me think it was maybe a lighter weight version of the blaster.
The tile looks nice. Shame it never made production. I guess a customer would buy it for the blaster primarily. Which probably overpriced the display with the tile etc.
Top post IFA.

Another update on the tile.
I've done another few hours on the filing and sanding and im happy with it now. All edges have been sharpened up and made ready for the silicone.
I've textured and painted the surface with scratches and plucked paint effects to give it a cement finish to the relief detail.
So here it is ready to pour a mold.

andy preston bldaerunner blaster display .jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back