Badger 250 - Siphon feed help for "not full" jugs

MarkL057

Hiya guys,
I'm positive this is a massively stupid question really but thought i'd see if anyone has had the same issue.
I purchased a Badger 250 single action siphon feed airbrush and am using with air cans (don't shoot me!)
Is there a way of manoeuvring the siphon feed straw so that it collects the paint from the front of the jar? So when it's low on paint and i'm leaning forward it actually collects the paint, rather than it missing the little puddle left? I don't want to fill the whole jar in one colour when I only need a little paint. I have heard storing thinned enamel isn't good for the paint and would feel a waste of money filling it to the top, doing a little painting, running out of pieces for that colour, then throwing the rest down the sink.
As I said, I know it's probably a stupid question. I did buy a box of jars but turns out they're smaller than the one that comes with the airbrush (22cc over 25cc) which probably doesn't help with the siphon feed now being too long, but if I cut it I then couldn't use the original if I needed it.
Well I hope someone's had the same problem and come up with a solution, but i'm sure you're all wondering why i'm rambling like this!

Thanks in advance, Mark.

I think you can just twist the straw until it points to a favourable position within the jar. If the straw isn't long enough, you may be able to get some replacement tubing at a plastic or hose supplier and cut it to your own needs. Just take the old hose on the lid to the place and they can measure it. I think you might need the crush proof stuff. Regular neoprene hose may cause problems.

Many airbrushes have a top mounted paint cup where you can pour in and mix small amounts of paint that should get used in their entirety, so you may want to think about getting another airbrush. It's good to have more than one.

TazMan2000

Back when I was using a Badger 200 I had the same problem. I could bend the tube to angle it forward but it was still too short. I made a longer tube from brass and epoxied it to the cap, bent to angle forward.

Thanks guys, have ordered some brass pipe in the same diameter so hopefully that will do the trick.
I was looking at gravity fed airbrushes but have only had this one a week and trying not to spend too much money on the project.
Will let you know how I get on with the brass tube! Thanks again!

Just an update if you're interested.
I got the brass tubing, cut to size and superglued in place, the airbrush works better than ever now and sprays every last little drop of paint now instead of leaving behind a puddle like before.
Thanks again!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back