The amazing spider man 2 build

Htennekk

Hey guys. Finally got around to starting my TASM 2 build. This suit is my favorite suit to date. Although it’s old and a lot of people will be working on the homecoming suit, I’ve never had any time or funds to make my own suit. So here’s my first attempt into the spidey world of cosplay!

My face shell was made using JFcustom's Foam version of Gimpee's pep file. I used cardstock and a hot glue gun for the shape
01.JPEG02.JPEG03.JPEG

Next I used fiberglass to harden the cardstock and make a nice shell
04.JPEG
05.JPEG
06.JPEG

Then cut and sanded the fiber glass to smooth it out
07.JPEG

I was going to attempt and create my own lenses, but I feel that the lenses are one of the most important factors in creating a nice looking spider-man. So instead I opted in buying my lenses. I went with buying from TJackfx . He was super easy to deal with and communicated well when placing my order
After receiving my lenses, I ran into a small problem with my face shell. My eye hole opening was too big and I wouldnt have a place to mount my lens. So I added more cardstock from the inside, and while I was at it I also added some bondo to the top of the shell to fix the triceritops shape it was forming
08.JPEG

Attachments

• DAD3EF11-9F8E-43E8-8BA5-AC02F610E75E.jpeg
    DAD3EF11-9F8E-43E8-8BA5-AC02F610E75E.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 174
Heres the inside fiberglasses so that I can mount the lenses somewhere
09.JPEG

I also purchased a darker version of the TASM 2 suit from GunHeadDesigns and got it sewn up by ZentaiZone. Love the design! Gunhead was also a pleasure to work with. He responded quickly to an error I made when ordering and helped me out! Thanks!

So with the shell sanded and smoothed out, I needed to attach my lenses. I followed IronJoe's DIY tutorial for some ideas on attaching my lens. I purchased some 1/4" x 1/8" circle magnets on Amazon and placed them on the lens with some superglue
10.JPEG

After the magnets were on the lens, I just needed to add the magnets to the shell. This part took some trial and error, I placed my mask on the shell and positions the lens where I wanted it. I then placed the magnet behind the shell so that it would clamp and hold the lens in place.
I then used a sharpie to circle where the magnets were placed and also marked the back of the magnet so that I knew it was the correct orientation to link with the magnet on the lens.
SIDE NOTE: prior to using the sharpie, I aimlessly glued some magnets and they were repelling the lens! So I had to re do this step by marking the magnets! :lol
11.JPEG

After some tweaking and readjusting I glued down my magnets and the shell and lenses were good to go!
12.JPEG
13.JPEG
14.JPEG

And here it is with the mask on!

15.JPEG16.JPEG
That's all I've got for now. Pretty excited for my first build. I am running into some trouble with some wrinkling and bunching near the eyes. Maybe I'll use some tape to hold it down or something.
I still have to add some soles to my suit. I probably wont be puff painting my suit, but I might try to micron marker it.

Ill post some more as I work on it. Thanks for stopping by guys!

Already off to a great start! You might want to smoothen out the face shell a bit if you can, there's a little bump up there at the top. Or you could also make it a bit rounder at the top to give it that nice Spidey head shape :)

Yeah I totally see what you're saying. Ill probably try to add more bondo up top and sand it down so its a nice smooth curve! Thanks for the input!

Hey guys! Quick update!
Added some more bondo to smooth out the top of my face shell... but ill be going a different direction with the face shell..
17.JPEG18.JPEG

A little present came in the mail...
19.JPEG

**drumroll**
20.JPEG

I got a Tjack faceshell to match with the lenses! And I'm speechless with the shell. Its a perfect shape and size! I see why some people opt in buying over building. As much as I love the fact that my shell was made out of scratch, the quality of work from TJack is just too perfect to pass up! I can still have the experience of making my own face shell, but I will definitely be rocking Tjacks killer combo!
If you are deciding to purchase a lens and shell set, you should seriously look into Tjacks work. He was a pleasure to work with and was on top of communication. He is definitely involved in the community and is in it to help others with their build.

So Ill be working on cutting out the eye holes and adding the magnets. Not much more is needed on that end LOL :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back