So I'm making this unicorn...

fallimar

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Pretty much that. Making a unicorn. No commission, just had a headbase to modify, wanted to learn some new skills and eventually sell this to to someone who'll give it some use.

This will be a partial costume, so head, tail, hands and hooves. The hooves I'm sort of tossing up between building on high heels or actual hoof boots (I have both). The tail has a wired foam core and will have long hair at the end, and the gloves have little hoofy fingertips painted to look like the horn.
The skin will be antron fleece with airbrushed detail.

Here's where I am so far:

Headbase is 90% complete, just needs some final neck tweaking and can be covered and have the mane put in. The horn needs epoxying on and the ears need attaching too, they're just pinned/wired on for the preview.

UnicornBase1.jpgUnicornBase2.jpg

Hands are mostly done, they need fur accents and some airbrushing to bring out the shape.

Tail core is done, needs covering and hair work.

Hooves... in progress. I sculpted and moulded a hoof but it's not the right size so it needs some modifying to fit things. If I use the hoof boots I'll have to sculpt the back of the hoof in, attach it to a base around the boot and fill it with something, probably rigid expanding foam to help keep it nice and solid. If I'm building around a high heel I can just foam in the area behind the hoof and add a rubber sole underneath. I'll probably end up making both pairs just to see how it all works, honestly :p

Posting here to keep motivation up to finish this thing - only got one week off uni and I'll have to do the rest in the end of year break!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back