Blade Runner Steyr Manlicher .222 Sl Model Kit or Casting?

ThorDoesAStuffs

Has anyone made a non functional kit of the Steyr Mannlicher? Or a casting of the bolt and receiver assembly? I'm also curious if there are any kits or casting of the other guns used to build the gun. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything but someone here may be able to help me out. :)

if you mean a kit to build the blade runner blaster itself, there are lots of kits, Tomenosuke, Richard Coyle, Sidkit. I hope this helps

Has anyone made a non functional kit of the Steyr Mannlicher? Or a casting of the bolt and receiver assembly? I'm also curious if there are any kits or casting of the other guns used to build the gun. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything but someone here may be able to help me out. :)
A friend of mine is a gunsmith who's going to attempt to make the receiver. I'll let you know if/when it happens.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

A friend of mine is a gunsmith who's going to attempt to make the receiver. I'll let you know if/when it happens.

0919171704.jpg0919171704.jpg

Make the receiver? It would be way cheaper to buy the rifle. Or buy a Tomenosuke kit.

View attachment 760946View attachment 760946

Make the receiver? It would be way cheaper to buy the rifle. Or buy a Tomenosuke kit.
The reason he's making one is because he wants a functional version as opposed to just having a static prop and wants to make it to his own safety specs. Also, people like us have made the originals scarce and crap-tonnes more costly than they ever were before. One of the reasons we prop collectors are so reviled amongst other collectors - we inadvertently and artificially drive up the prices for other niche collectors.

The reason he's making one is because he wants a functional version as opposed to just having a static prop and wants to make it to his own safety specs. Also, people like us have made the originals scarce and crap-tonnes more costly than they ever were before. One of the reasons we prop collectors are so reviled amongst other collectors - we inadvertently and artificially drive up the prices for other niche collectors.

The Tomenosuke receiver is metal & functions exactly like the real one; that is, it does nothing but you can open the bolt. It just bolts to the top of the Bulldog. Reinventing the wheel at greater cost & probably less accuracy. Lots of us have built/are building functional shooters using Tomenosuke parts.

The Tomenosuke receiver is metal & functions exactly like the real one; that is, it does nothing but you can open the bolt. It just bolts to the top of the Bulldog. Reinventing the wheel at greater cost & probably less accuracy. Lots of us have built/are building functional shooters using Tomenosuke parts.
Buying a real firearm would cost way too much money for me. I live in Canada and would need to get a firearms licence for a rifle and a completely different license for the revolver. Not to mention how much of a pain it would be to import any working firearm into Canada. And those Temenosuke kits are close to 900 dollars now.

i've been looking for a kit myself but think they're all sold out
anyone know if they will do another run in the future?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back