My Blade Runner blaster box...

NeilDavies

Decided to have a go at making my own pistol box for my Tomenosuke - now you have to bear in mind I've not done any form of woodworking since I was at school over 25 years ago, which explains the shoddyness of it. By some miracle it does pretty much fit together. Learnt tons though so I will no doubt make a better one at some point! It is supposed to look old and battered, so I can claim all the mistakes are deliberate :)

WP_20170923_14_38_33_Pro.jpgWP_20170923_14_40_22_Pro.jpgWP_20170923_14_44_18_Pro.jpgWP_20170923_14_44_36_Pro.jpgWP_20170923_14_43_03_Pro.jpgWP_20170923_14_40_44_Pro.jpg

It's just cheap plywood with some felt lining and a bit of foam packing. On the lid I put a Blade Runner police logo I found online. The inner tray can be sat at an angle for display purposes. Underneath the tray is space for the extra bits and bobs - origami unicorn, gorgeous leather holster from Karl at skin-job.com, little press-seal bag with a roughed-up sequin which is a stand in until I make a decent snake scale. There's also the Mark Raats designed manual which is held in the lid by elastic along with Deckard's police pass (not sure who made that image).

In the tray is an ammo box I made myself and after being convinced the blaster should have the slot screw instead of the Weaver knob, I put the knob in as a spare ready to fit if neccesary! The Steyr badge on the front I got from ebay, apparently it's a badge from a Fiat Panda 4x4 (but I expect you all knew that anyway)!

That really turned out terrifically well. I love the idea of tilting the tray so that you can display the PKD in all its glory - something mine doesn't allow.

Mine is also chock-a-block full with spare parts - side covers, weavers etc. and the way you have added your Weaver is very nice indeed. Great to see the manual, glad it was of some use.

Congrats and thanks for sharing mate

Highest regards,
MARK

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back