Black series Rey lightsaber

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all
This has probably been talked about all ready but couldn't find any info here. Im interested in purchasing a Rey black series lightsaber from the store near me. How are these as compared to say the master replica sabers? Is it worth the price and does any one think they will increase in value?. I was looking on Amazon and eBay and they seem to be asking twice the price for them. Usually if I want something I build it. In this case it is beyond my skills.

I think the Disney store saber is the one to get when it comes to value increase

The Disney store has the removable blade, the removable blade sabers sometimes can be in the 1000 price range online

Either of them are as accurate as I like. But if I had the money I would grab a Disney store saber, never open it and keep it in my closet as a investment

But this is just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both have their issues, but I prefer the Disney store saber. With removable blade and much better accessories. But keep
in mind you can only get the Rey Disney store saber at the parks or surrounding Disney properties. You can get the
regular black series saber at Barnes and Nobles, Gomestops and other local retailers.

The Disney version is garbage with the Ultimate FX sound board in it.

The Hasbro version is nearly identical to the MR since all it is, is a retool of MR's designs. Hasbro has yet to release a saber that is entirely theirs from the ground up. I personally think the ANH design used for the Sequel design has always looked very cheap and toy like to me with the various parts having different degrees of finishing and the cheap short cut construction on the bunny ears and clamp.

The best Force FX lightsaber Graflex will always be the Luke ESB from 2004. Other then it being enlarged the quality and construction of it is very nice, consistent and very accurate. The ANH/Rey version looks cheap next to it. Only thing it has over the ESB is the sizing.

The best Force FX lightsaber Graflex will always be the Luke ESB from 2004. Other then it being enlarged the quality and construction of it is very nice, consistent and very accurate. The ANH/Rey version looks cheap next to it. Only thing it has over the ESB is the sizing.

got to disagree, the ESB 2004 saber isn't as nice as the ANH saber. The ESB saber is oversized, the grips aren't accurate and the overall finish isn't like a real graflex (it's more chrome than brushed metal). The ANH saber is accurate in size (clamp, grips etc) and the finish is the same as a vintage graflex.

In terms of the black series Rey saber, if it's based on the MR ANH saber it should be nice. From the pics and vids i've seen of it, it looks good, the only thing is it has the wrong D ring set up (it doesn't have the kobold part). The Disney saber looks ok (and nice that it has a removeable blade), but nowhere near as accurate as the black series version, i'd go with the black series one over the Disney one. I'd also hold off buying one yet as they're overpriced currently just because they're new.

Last edited:
got to disagree, the ESB 2004 saber isn't as nice as the ANH saber. The ESB saber is oversized, the grips aren't accurate and the overall finish isn't like a real graflex (it's more chrome than brushed metal). The ANH saber is accurate in size (clamp, grips etc) and the finish is the same as a vintage graflex.

In terms of the black series Rey saber, if it's based on the MR ANH saber it should be nice. From the pics and vids i've seen of it, it looks good, the only thing is it has the wrong D ring set up (it doesn't have the kobold part). The Disney saber looks ok (and nice that it has a removeable blade), but nowhere near as accurate as the black series version, i'd go with the black series one over the Disney one. I'd also hold off buying one yet as they're overpriced currently just because they're new.

I mentioned the sizing between the 2.

I will always like the ESB over the ANH version. Why?

The ANH has different finishing for the bunny ears and clamp. That makes it look very cheap IMO. And the separated plastic chromed beveling looks ugly as hell. The bunny ears and the blade holder are separated and the clamp was dumbed down for production.

although the ESB is bigger, it has the uniformed finish which imo looks way better. The bunny ears and the blade holder are one piece thus having that window present. The clamp is constructed as an authentic graflex clamp and the beveling is part of the main body.

I prefer the BS saber.
The Disneypark saber is only a cheap copy of the old MR sabers with removable blade.It has not the quality.
From the value point I would say...no saber ever will go up to this high prices like the old MR ones.
The time is over.And when Hasbro releases the other old MR versions the old MR sabers will loose their value because the new sabers are technical better.
I would never pay this high prices for this old FX-sabers...if you can wait..everything is comming back.;)

I flipped an MR Luke ESB during the frenzy leading up to TFA. I had heard that the sound volume was anemic and it was indeed. Also, the 6 battery holder required the hilt to be noticeably long. The grip profiles were off but the shine through bunny ears made up a lot of ground.

In my opinion the 2010 Hasbro Luke ANH with removable blade is the top of the food chain... but I'm biased as that durn toy led me to this bottomless cash pit. :)

I bet Hasbro brings back the old sabers with removable blade.You can see that with the disney parks rey version.
All we need to do is waiting...who can wait ,will save lots of money at the end.
Only my opinion.;)

I never was a big fan of this FX-sabers with rem.blade because I´m not a crossplayer that is wearing the hilt on a belt and for a static hilt the FX-sabers are not accurate enough.
So an FX-saber is what it is...so a static blade is ok for me.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back