Blade Runner 2049 - Tomenosuke controversy

staermose

Sr Member
Please read the following statement from Tomenosuke.
They have provided 6 of their guns, plus several parts for the prop master of Blade Runner 2049. And now it seems that the Porto department will take full credit for the prop, without mentioning Tomenosuke.

:(

http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for posting that, It's what we were thinking in another post and I'm sorry to hear that the tomenosuke team feel that way. I hope they can get credit for their work.
I don't know their team in person of course, but just seing the result of their work speaks for their dedication. I have a kit myself, and the casting of each part is really amazing and it's only normal that their work was chosen for that movie, it's just too bad that they don't get credited properly.
Go tomenosuke! keep up the great work :thumbsup

@staermose ,

you should post this up on the website that hosted the ' prop master's ' story / claim . Or on one that is media - centric .

sick and tired of credit for hard work being ' stolen ' and appropriated by others

Last edited:
There still exists the reporting that a couple of Hero Blasters were made from Steyr and Bulldog parts after the research was done on Dan's original. Looking again at this video, it strikes me that in the Gosling blaster case (and in those on the right) the inside are clearly marked "HEROES" with the word embossed in the foam.
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 7.18.15 pm.png

This is not the case in the box with the Deckard blasters which leads me to believe that the one's in the box are not considered "HEROES" but are rather - as Shinji Tomanosuke asserts - Tomenosuke blasters (further supported by the fact that there is clearly a barrel plug in the one they handle).
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 7.17.51 pm.png

This does not excuse the totally unacceptable claim that the prop master that the blaster in his hand is an original part PKD that he built 'bolt by bolt' because it is not. We haven't seen the Heroes yet and he should have said that the one's in that clip were Tomenosuke's.

Bad form for sure! When someone lends me a piece to cast, or designed/fabricated a part for me, I always mention their names and thank them! It's simply the right thing to do.
That leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Shame on them:behave

I had a funny feeling when I watched the video that he might be fibbing. I've had some experience with people in the film industry lying thier asses off after somebody else does all the work.

I suppose there's a chance this is all an editing kerfluffle, but Occam's razor seems to say it's just another case of Hollywood pride walking over other people's passion and hard work.

Even if they needed a shooter, it's sooooo much easier to just use Tomenosuke's incredible castings on top of a bulldog and call it a day. I would be legitimately astonished if they created three true heroes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have had two armed guards accompany the original Hero. and strict orders not to be let out of site...:devil

Credit should go where credit is due. Prorpmaster needs to correct this. I bet the company who produced the bento boxes will get end credits and not tomen. smh.
It goes without say that there would be about three versions of the blaster, one that would be for live fire so in a sense they did use the OG prop to recreate a live firing pistol or two, the 2nd would be the Tomen for carrying around in hand and a 3rd for stunt (rubber blasters that Tomen supplied as we know) which would get knocked around. Unless they used CGI for muzzle blast which I hope not for the Tomen.
Just bad form on the prop dudes part.

Welcome to my world, Tomen! You know how many of my hero’s made movie posters and dvd covers? Ya know how many credits I was given? It totally sucks. Just last night melissa and I went to see Kingsman and during the rollings, we watched credits given for “walkie Talkie”, “cashier”, “drivers”, “Craft services”, etc etc. I’ve lost friends over the topic because I was disgusted I was denied credits. It hurts fabricating principle props but receive no rollings. It’s political to some degree.

In all my years in this industry, I received just one rolling credit and that was from Neill Blomkamp. Now, from what I know... there were hero firing guns made for the film. Tomen would have been better off, if they were more concerned about the credit vs the money, to have donated all the guns to at least $10,000 for a kind of “product placement”. Then work it in the contract for a rolling credit for that.

I’ve never had one prop master openly give me credit in any video unless my name was mentioned. I’ve seen prop masters take credit as if they fabricated the props themselves. There’s a reason the back of my company T-Shirt” states.....

“Making the **** that makes everyone else look good”

Sad to see that you have to fight tooth and nails to get what is rightly yours in the first place:behave Thanks Ken for sharing your personal experience...it makes me pose and shake my head:angry

As lengthy as the credits are now a days... I thought everyone was given recognition.

I mean honestly the lunch lady is named.

Guess it is foolishly naive to believe that films are a purely collaborative creative effort where just credit is earned and given.

Sadly, seems that money is the push behind everything.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back