Styrene R2 dome source?

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was wondering if there is a source for a styrene R2 dome? Did a search and kept hitting dead-ends.

thanks

There's a thread on there where you can get styrene R2 domes both blank and laser cut but you need to have an Astromech.net login in order to complete the purchase.

Howdy there Mr Helmet...

The cold hard facts are that if you want anything R2 related, you most likely will have to spend some time at astromech.net...And quite honestly, you should want to. We've spent the better part of the last 2 decades researching the little guy and cranking out the absolute best parts anyone could ever want.

I realize it's probably daunting to have yet another board to deal with, but if you are doing ANYTHING related to R2 or another astromech, then you will eventually be glad you took the plunge.

Read a bit, make some posts, and you will be qualified to purchase in no time at all... :)

Jason

styrene domes are hard to get and the runs are usually only once a year for the laser cut domes. Myself along with a few others here are members at astromech.com

great people and always willing to help. you wont be mislead there.

good luck

If its just for a costume rather than accuracy you can use an 18" lampshade which people have used in the past or an 18" half sphere in clear polycarbonate (I bought 2 off fleabay) and just paint on the panel's. A true styrene R2 dome with all his patternation ready to cut out seems rather excessive for a one day Halloween costume.... as in they are not cheap

I would think something like this would be better for your needs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332379284861

Hope that helps.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back