Falcon interior display

Carnet

Hi guys...and gals?

I am looking forward to joining the ranks in a few months! I am currently about half way through my subscription. I have a studio scale y-wing project underway at the moment and when that is finished I'll be starting to focus on this kit!

I have been browsing through some of the other build threads admiring everyone's great work, a lot of you guys have done stellar work customizing and refitting the interior, and I thought it was it is a shame that it spends most of it's life out of sight and under the cover of the hull!

I was wondering if anyone has chosen to keep the interior OUT of the Falcon and display it separately?

Well you could do that but it wouldn't be much to look at imo. At least not in stock form. If you were to add additional corridors, holds, and the engineering section and detail everything out with lighting then it would be something truly remarkable.

I wouldn't mind displaying mine outside the falcon ( eventually ) , due to the scratch building , extra lighting and 3rd party items already added , if I could figure out a way to display it without all the fibres and wiring being exposed all over the place LOL !

I wouldn't mind displaying mine outside the falcon ( eventually ) , due to the scratch building , extra lighting and 3rd party items already added , if I could figure out a way to display it without all the fibres and wiring being exposed all over the place LOL !

Just build a second layer of syrene behind the walls. I left my interior out......in a box hahah.

Well you could do that but it wouldn't be much to look at imo. At least not in stock form. If you were to add additional corridors, holds, and the engineering section and detail everything out with lighting then it would be something truly remarkable.

Exactly, not in stock form...that is what I am talking about, I have seen quite a few threads from guys that have spent a ton of time and effort detailing and perfecting a good portion of the model that will hardly ever be appreciated. I mean, I understand that part of the enjoyment of the hobby IS the process of the build and the detailing, but I also like to look at my models and enjoy them when they are done.

I didn't really consider all of the fibre and wiring...I am sure someone could come up with a creative display stand that could address that issue.

Last edited:
Exactly, not in stock form...that is what I am talking about, I have seen quite a few threads from guys that have spent a ton of time and effort detailing and perfecting a good portion of the model that will hardly ever be appreciated. I mean, I understand that part of the enjoyment of the hobby IS the process of the build and the detailing, but I also like to look at my models and enjoy them when they are done.

I didn't really consider all of the fibre and wiring...I am sure someone could come up with a creative display stand that could address that issue.

There's a thread on here somewhere , can't remember by who . Anyway , this member is / was building a 1/48 diorama of a ' set ' housing the ' set ' for the filming of Echo Base in ESB . It's truly incredible , gotta find it again .

Maybe that concept ' set within a set ' , idea could be used to display the hold & corridors etc...etc..., it would also explain all the wiring & fibre optics ( as cabling ) behind ' walls ' ;)

There's a thread on here somewhere , can't remember by who . Anyway , this member is / was building a 1/48 diorama of a ' set ' housing the ' set ' for the filming of Echo Base in ESB . It's truly incredible , gotta find it again .

Maybe that concept ' set within a set ' , idea could be used to display the hold & corridors etc...etc..., it would also explain all the wiring & fibre optics ( as cabling ) behind ' walls ' ;)

I like it!

I was also imagining an idea of an installed interior that could be viewed through hiden portals installed in the sidewalls of the ship. It could use something like a periscope that could plug into a lens that would give the viewer a forced perspective view of the inside of the ship...that's kind of a big idea...but not too far fetched.

A bit like this.
6dd36d6a497b752eb4bcc2e2e609136f--mini-things-small-things.jpg

Found it : ' 1/48 Star Wars Stage Echo Base Hanger Diorama ' - whew quite a mouthful , but says it all . The member goes by ' seven ' .

Sorry don't know how to post a direct link , but his thread is still here if anyone's interested .

Found it : ' 1/48 Star Wars Stage Echo Base Hanger Diorama ' - whew quite a mouthful , but says it all . The member goes by ' seven ' .

Sorry don't know how to post a direct link , but his thread is still here if anyone's interested .

Neat, I wonder if he ever finished it, last post was back in 2014?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back