how i made a Revell level1 xwing look good

thebeans

Hey all a few weeks ago i bought a Revell level 1 Poe Dameron Xwing for just 10 euros (because i don't think it worth a cent more).
The BB8 is way over scaled for the model,the ship is supposed to be 1/78 scale and there is NO pilot figure included, i recon the BB8 is more like 1/48
anyway it's a kids model kit designed to get children interested in model making....fair enough i guess , so after lots and lots of masking ive finally got it to look like a
good model , hope you all agree
I took some outdoors shots of it this morning and edited out just the brass mounting rod poe for edit.jpgpoe for edit3.jpgpoe for edit4.jpgpoe for edit5.jpgpoe xwing rear.jpg

Thanks man , thinking id prefer to do the Bandai one first. Wouldn't mind if they released a 1/48 moving edition too.
Some very cool shots. Love to see what you could do with the Level 2 version

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot TP.
Nice work.
Best not suck that bird into the intakes.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Love it.

also...bird for scale...
Cheers Mr!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great!

I have to say that your pics confirm that to me, this design looks better with closed wings
Thanks astroboy!

lmfao @ the bird...it looks like it's some alien creature chasing it though the sky. also you shoulda popped on some engine glow from the rear, it wouldve looked pretty boss. But I liked it and have been thinkin about picking up a bandai kit, just can't decide on which...I really want the Falcon, but 400$ for a kit is a bit too much for me lol.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back