Chewbacca Mask version 4 New sculpt

chefhawk

Sr Member
I decided that it was time to try and get a better Chewbacca mask made.

This is going to involve allot of work

1) Sculpting over a face cast of myself. I use Chauvant nsp clay which is a mix of hard and the medium grade.
I already had the face cast from previous projects.

2) casting the sculpt after waxing it to release from the mold. I will use a gelcoat layer made from resin and bondo. It will be then reinforced with fiberglass and resin.

3) Once cured, remove the clay and face cast from the from the mold

4) Roto cast with plastsil gel 10

5) Remove silicone appliance and then wax interior of the fiberglass shell/mold then spray layers of p.v.a to form a release plastic layer, a bit like sprayable shrink-wrap or cling film in the uk.

6) lay up fibreglass

7) Remove this for using as an underskull

8) cut out eye sections and jaw in the underskull

9) Sculpt and cast teeth to fit jawline of the underskull

10) sculpt inner mouth. Bottom pallet and tongue with upper pallet - cast this in hydrostone to make a bold. Use platsil gel 10 to pour into gold to make the appliance

11) Paint resin teeth, paint the tongue, paint the nose and lips after cutting out the eyes, lips and nose.

12)Hinge the underskull, make lip mechs for the upper lip

13) Add negative industrial velcro to the underskull add positive velcro to the silicone

14) Finish adding the mech to the underskull, add the appliance back, attach the mechs.

15) Add netting to top and back of the mask, Latch hook mix of hair from dark grey to light grey. Latch hook blond to the sides.

16) Lay up the blond hair onto the face and sides of the face.

17) Hair punch the chin area with blond hair, hair punch the grey moustache.

18) Thin out hair with thinning shears, style the hair and touch ups.

Heres a video of the sculpt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some photos from a troop with the Britannia patrol form Saturday with the new V4 mask

hzQMmwn.jpg

200pAz5.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back