Close enough Deckard shirt?

I've been looking too. I just bought this one. It's not super close to any of the shirts he wears, but it's definitely got that overall feel, and the pattern is very similar to the striping on one of his most iconic shirts, which is what initially caught my eye.

I recently ordered the $40 CostumeBase pink-and-blue ovoid shirt. Looks decent enough in the pictures, but I'll give a full review once it arrives!

For what it's worth, the CostumeBase shirt is surprisingly serviceable! The construction is very solid, the pink stitching is accurate enough, and the pattern is correct (albeit slightly faded and grey compared to the original).

If you're just looking for this style shirt:

http://www.screenused.com/images/auction_mar13/6260_1.jpg

Try searching for Aztek style shirts. They would definitely be in Deckards closet, plus If you look close at the collar of the actual button down, there're definitely some subtle patterns there.

I just did Deckard for NYCC and couldn't find anything resembling it so I decided to sew a few shirts together and repaint. I redid the greyish part with a teal shirt, so I think it came out pretty good!

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7779.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_7779.JPG.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • 22384301_10159410926930203_5829063223234016260_o.jpg
    22384301_10159410926930203_5829063223234016260_o.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 227
For what it's worth, the CostumeBase shirt is surprisingly serviceable! The construction is very solid, the pink stitching is accurate enough, and the pattern is correct (albeit slightly faded and grey compared to the original).

Anyone know what their trench-coat is like? Does it have the ribbing on the inside collar?

Anyone know what their trench-coat is like? Does it have the ribbing on the inside collar?

The coat is overall decently constructed, and I like the color quite a bit--more of darker caramel/tobacco that, in my mind, really nails what's seen on screen. The collar has the lines sewn in, but the material isn't poofy, so you don't get the ribbed effect. And in terms of the pattern, the collar is a lot smaller than it should be for accuracy...it should probably stick out another 2-3 inches at least.

IMG_20171026_222734.jpg

Warning: If you DO want to order one of these, I'd email them first and confirm that they have good ones in stock. The coat that I rush-ordered has a big light stain (bleach?) running from one shoulder down the front--evidently, along the outside edge from when the coat was folded up. When I asked for a replacement, they said they wouldn't be able to replace it before Halloween because all of their current stock has the same stain, so instead they refunded a good chunk of the cost and let me keep the stained coat.

2017-10-02 19.31.26.jpg

Overall, I would have been pretty happy with this coat if it wasn't for the stain. I can live with the collar inaccuracy (and if I was doing more than just a Halloween party, I'd probably try to fix it myself)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back