Training Remote/MF red/brown paint color alternatives

spoudastis

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am currently finishing up the assembly of my training remote and am getting ready to paint. What i am curious about is the brown or rust color around the chrome truck rims, which from what i have read it is the same color as is used on some panels of the 5' millennium falcon. One member has put this color forward as Floquil "southern freight car brown" F110175. Of course this color has been discontinued. Are there alternatives that anyone here recommends? The published color equivalents seem very off to me except for the model flex 16-15 "Maroon Tuscan Oxide Red". One other member had mentioned Testors Rust. Thanks in advance especially to the falcon painters![/h]

Check out the Archive-X facebook page. They are putting out a line of color matched paints matched to the the vintage floquil laquer paints (enamels werent available yet).

Wow, thats cool, thanks for the info marvin! Heard anything about the release date, not much info on their facebook page?

Check out the Archive-X facebook page. They are putting out a line of color matched paints matched to the the vintage floquil laquer paints (enamels werent available yet).

Well he's a friend so yeah. I dont want to give an exact release date, but the first set of 25 colors should be available in a few weeks at most. I already have my set and the hues are just wonderful.

If you see the fbook page you'll see some people getting out the first painted models like John's escape pod.

Yes. You can also think about going for the starter set. The paint is pure unthinned enamels so one jar goes really far. With the starter set you are basically set for life for star wars modeling. Except maybe for basecoats.

I have the set and it's fantastic, I really enjoyed painting my escape pod with them, perfect shades. I also have the training remote which I have already base coated with Archive X Reefer White. I was going to use Box Car Red for the panels next to the chrome....

Does archive-x make the "southern freight car brown" at this time? Is the "box car red" what people have been using on the Falcon panels? I only ask because it seems as though the same red/brown color is a match for both the 5' Falcon and the training remote.

Thanks again for your responses.

Yep those are the hues i was thinking for the remote.

Does archive-x make the "southern freight car brown" at this time? Is the "box car red" what people have been using on the Falcon panels? I only ask because it seems as though the same red/brown color is a match for both the 5' Falcon and the training remote.

Thanks again for your responses.

I really don't know. It's best to ask for color suggestions in the Archive-X Facebook group. People have started using the stuff on various models and researching what was used where. Maybe they can help you with some suggestions.

I used Burnt Umber, and yellow oxide...and something else for the orange.....basically..oil paints.

Just checkout a local art store..hit the Oil Paint Section,...and find the three: Red, Orange, and Yellow that look good to you.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back