Blade Runner Script (Pre-production) UPDATE W/Ending pages

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm a long time BR fan and a cameraman in the industry. A good friend of mine (retired) was an Assistant Director for years.
He was hired onto BR during pre production and was issued a script.
He gave it to me as a gift which I couldn't believe. It had been sitting in a box in his garage since the 80's.

The brads are weathered and the paper aged but it just adds to its feel. So stoked to have something from one of my favorite films. One day, I'd love to have it signed by Harrison Ford or another cast member. For now, I'll put it in a display and enjoy.

IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Blade Runner Script (Pre-production)

Cool gift from a great friend, could be tough getting Harrison to sign it though i assume he would due to its linage and you are in the industry

I think it would take a minor miracle but I can always dare to dream.

Cool! Have you read it completely ? Any differences from final movie? Alternate ending :rolleyes ?

Cool! Have you read it completely ? Any differences from final movie? Alternate ending :rolleyes ?

I have read it all the way through. There are some differences. Especially the ending which you won't believe unless I post pics of the last pages. Out of town right now but will post if you are interested. Like I say, you probably won't believe it.

I have read it all the way through. There are some differences. Especially the ending which you won't believe unless I post pics of the last pages. Out of town right now but will post if you are interested. Like I say, you probably won't believe it.

Um, yes please!

As promised, the last 4 pages of the Pre production BR script. This covers the end of Batty and the final sequence with Rachel.
Enjoy.

IMG_1617.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    311.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    726.7 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    724.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    728.3 KB · Views: 322
Doctor Zhivago ending much? Just shows how much things change as a project's being worked on; thank god we got the ending we did. Any other big deviations?

I know that one concept was that the Tyrell that Batty killed was actually a replicant. When they go to see the actual Tyrell, he's been long dead and his body is in a cryotomb to be resurrected I guess at some point. So Batty's god of biomechanics was beyond his reach, he would never get to confront him.

Doctor Zhivago ending much? Just shows how much things change as a project's being worked on; thank god we got the ending we did. Any other big deviations?

Glad you like the pages guys.
There are some other variations but none as mindblowing as the ending. I'll post more interesting pages as I get time.

Random question: could we use this script to finally solve the B-26354 vs B-260354 controversy? That'd be swell... :)

Random question: could we use this script to finally solve the B-26354 vs B-260354 controversy? That'd be swell... :)

I'm sorry to say in this version, the scene after he retires Zhora doesn't have Deckard saying his ID number, the officers manhandle him and check his ID discovering he's a Bladerunner.

In another part of this script, Deckard is running checks using Esper in his car. He does use a code but it doesn't look like his ID to me; more of a request code:

IMG_1866.JPG

Sorry for the orientation, IPhone and RPF stuff...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back