Rick Deckard's shirts (NOT the ones you're thinking of!)

Patattack

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've been looking up Blade Runner screencaps, costume pics from auctions and personal collections, etc...trying to find all of the reference material that I possibly can for my Deckard costume this Halloween. There are two very well-photographed Deckard shirts: the black one with the pink-and-blue oval pattern and pink stitching, and the blue-and-red one with the patterned strips across the chest. In the course of my searching, I've come across two more shirts that I've never seen anyone mention here on the RPF, and I'm curious if any of you collectors have seen more detailed shots than what I've got currently.

First one, I'll call the Triangle shirt. Deckard wears it throughout the climactic showdown with Pris and Roy Batty (although it may appear elsewhere in the film, and I just haven't spotted it). It appears to have a repeating pattern of small triangles, alternating light and dark--possibly black and silver, although it's hard to tell with the color casts in the footage. It could also possibly be a Spaceship Earth-style pattern of pyramids.

12417640_945743055507970_4938982837811334232_n.jpgoh16c74547ea87a653458bf8972775256aoe57d3cc87.jpg3445596344_1cf90bc01b.jpgBlade_Runner-Daryl_Hannah-Harrison_Ford-02.jpeg
bladerunnerdenis.jpgBR-dekjak-bw.jpgun-film-de-ridley-scott.jpg

Second one, I'll call the Stripe shirt. It's gray with kind of purple-ish cast, and appears to have thick stripes in dark brown or burgundy, with some sort of ornate pattern in each stripe. This one, the only clear shot I could find came from some sort of auction or display--it's accompanied by pants that perfectly match the orange herringbone blazer, as well as a new tie design that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. I stumbled across a screencap that might be showing this shirt, but it doesn't really illuminate any details. (I've included another shot from the same photo shoot, showing the more famous shirt/tie combo, which lends a good provenance to this mystery shirt)

c78cbd3eeba2c85ba3d00fe7d59e5e8e--rick-deckard-harrison-ford.jpgd30a1a4c64045a567075887b753102f4.jpgtumblr_nkesiu1wwa1thr7ppo1_500.jpg

Has anyone found any higher-resolution detail photos of either of these shirts? Or at least, do any screencaps exist that show their patterns more clearly? The other two Deckard shirts are SO highly exposed in this community, I'm shocked that I haven't seen any discussion of these two!

That's funny because I've been thinking something similar for a while now, too. Especially the second shirt you mention. It's only ever seen in the opening act of film when we're introduced to Deckard and when he gets his assignment. I'm surprised to see it's actually the color that it is, I thought it was a blue-gray the whole time.

OK, small update! I'm not sure why it didn't show up in the reverse Google Image search, but I've learned that the Stripe shirt was part of "Hollywood Auction 36" from Profiles in History, selling on May 1, 2009. This 3rd party site has the most information that I can find about this particular listing, and it includes a few angles that we haven't seen before, but unfortunately the photos are still not high-res enough to really show the pattern.

6321575_2_l.jpg6321575_3_l.jpg6321575_1_l.jpg

I've contacted PiH to see if they can provide a PDF of the original auction catalog--perhaps that will be more helpful. If worst comes to worst, I can buy a physical copy of the auction catalog for ~$20 on AbeBooks.

Last edited:
Couple of mini updates as I continue to tool around looking for reference material...

Triangle
Found a site called the Kipple Zone that had some good detail shots of this shirt (plus the "Voight-Kampff Tie"):
bladebw3_TIE.jpgColour_TIE.jpgtumblr_lr3sygolr21qdkmano1_1280_TIE.jpgtumblr_m0jw3vE9ml1r6jggao1_500_TIE.jpgtumblr_m3vhbejiy81qdkmano2_1280_TIE.jpg

Additionally, someone on PropSummit suggested that it might be made from the same material as Gaff's patterned vest:
69393a8b5d1814c5561a67d9435cc530.jpgu12MgoKKPPal.jpg

Stripe
More evidence that this shirt was at the PiH auction, but sadly it doesn't really show any detail that we haven't already seen. It does give a better look at the mystery tie, though!
200904_29_42_a0077842_21592061.jpg

The tricky part of this shirt is that the collar and top of the pockets is made with what looks like the reverse side of the fabric. So, to do this really accurately, you'd either have to print the fabric in the exact same way as the original (which would take forever to trial-and-error) or print up a another lot of cloth to simulate the back side of the fabric to be used on the collar and pockets. In the very least, we could make one of these to order using a print-on-demand service for $260, the way we do our Joker Heist shirt.

You may have this already, but this picture I found seems to be the striped shirt. It's not great quality, but maybe for reference:
deckardshrt.JPG

Don't know if anybody is still posting to this but just to chime in, if I had to get a Rick Deckard Shirt, I'm trying to decide between the pink and blue oval shirt or the "triangle" shirt he wears at the end as I love that shirt and nobody talks about it. The grey and purple floral stripe shirt (which only appears on screen for like 8 minutes) and the pink and sea green one with the patterned strips across the chest are just too gaudy for my taste.

Hey guys, is anyone still looking into these shirts? I have the 4th shirt in the movie ordered from Magnoli (the triangle shirt). I own the previous shirts as well, the blue/pink oval shirt in 3 versions, and Magnoli's excellent version of the pink/green shirt.

That leaves the 1st shirt, the brown/purple striped shirt. It seems to be all printed, so I asked Magnoli if they could make a version of it. I am going to have a custom printed version made, but the best photos I've found are the ones in this thread. They do not show the details on the stripes or placket, though. Does anyone have better photographs of this shirt? I searched the screenused.com site in the internet archive but found nothing.

Any more info on this striped shirt? It's the last one to replicate, and we've just been commissioned to make one so looking for the best available info before I start recreating the pattern...

Any more info on this striped shirt? It's the last one to replicate, and we've just been commissioned to make one so looking for the best available info before I start recreating the pattern...
Back when I started this thread, I reached out to Profiles in History to see if they had a PDF of the auction catalog from this batch of items (again, it was part of "Hollywood Auction 36" from Profiles in History, selling on May 1, 2009) but they never responded. You could always try buying a copy of the catalog online, if you can find one!

Back when I started this thread, I reached out to Profiles in History to see if they had a PDF of the auction catalog from this batch of items (again, it was part of "Hollywood Auction 36" from Profiles in History, selling on May 1, 2009) but they never responded. You could always try buying a copy of the catalog online, if you can find one!
I bought the actual book earlier this year on eBay for $20. There are photos of the brown striped shirt, but not a lot better than what is available online. Still, I commissioned Indy to make this shirt based on those photos. The design looks great and should be getting finished up soon, based on the timeline I was given when I ordered it. This should finish off all four shirts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back