Stretching batman cowl

blitz1027

Hey all. Got a couple quick question for you guys. I've got a Rocketeer Frank Miller batman cowl that I've had for a few years. I'm finally getting around to finishing my batman but the cowl is extremely tight my cheeks. Is it possible to stretch the rubber that the cowl is made from so it would fit more comfortably or am I just out of luck with this cowl?

On another note the rubber nearly twice as thick on the right side of the cowl as it is on the left. So as a result the left eye keeps mashing shut and pushes into my eye. Any suggestions on how to fix that as well?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/107981530@N03/37309502995/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/107981530@N03/36471572694/in/dateposted-public/

As a last resort if it's not possible to use this cowl can anyone recommend a nice cowl that will allow for chubbier cheeks?

Bump. I find it hard to believe nearly 200 people have viewed this thread yet not a single one has helped?

Surely someone can offer some advice.

stretching, unfortunately that's not really possible to my knowledge, but for the excess material, you can use a dremmel with a rotary sander bit, and sand away. Not too fast, and carefully though...

What Teragon said..use the Dremel or comparable rotary tool to remove some of the urethane material on that thick side. It's not going to stretch much, but you can actually put a flat soccer ball in there, and start blowing it up a little at a time while the cowl is very warm, like in the window in direct sunlight warm..or heat lamp. Don't burn it if you use a heat lamp, and don't stretch too fast too quickly or you will tear it at one of the stress points, like the corners of the mouth.
I make this one because I was in the same bat boat as you, I needed a larger DKR cowl.
94d479d8a75e23615311a27f15867e3f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. It's unfortunate to hear that it's not going to stretch much. Guess I'll either have to learn to make cowls or give up on the bat.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back