R.I.P. Bobby Heenan

gunnerk19

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Legendary professional wrestling manager and color commentator Bobby "The Brain" Heenan has died, World Wrestling Entertainment reported on Sunday.

http://www.wmtw.com/article/wwe-bobby-the-brain-heenan-dead-at-73/12263197?utm_campaign=WMTW&utm_content=59bf37e404d3017a86a2c2d9&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=trueAnthem%3A+New+Content

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what is really sad?

Len Wein, the creator of Wolverine and the man behind helping shape the X-Men, passed away a week ago. Nobody wrote anything here for almost a day. So I dropped a thread to post an article about his passing....
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281413&highlight=Len+Wein

That thread only spawned 3 comments... IN A WEEK. Now a has been wrestler who has not had as much of an impact on pop culture in a way that Len did, already has 3 comments in under a day. I guess the creator of such a wonderful character (of print, comics, cartoons and Hollywood blockbusters) isn't hailed as much as some of the mediocre celebs we see honored after they die.

To me, that is very sad.

Look, we don't need to have a grief Olympics. You don't need to disparage Heenan in this way.

I'm sorry that you're not aware of Heenan's impact on pop culture because you're not a wrestling fan, but the man was a comedic genius in his own right.

I'm surprised at you really, I know grief makes one do stupid things but to come on this thread and insult the person who died is so low class :facepalm

You know what is really sad?

Len Wein, the creator of Wolverine and the man behind helping shape the X-Men, passed away a week ago. Nobody wrote anything here for almost a day. So I dropped a thread to post an article about his passing....
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281413&highlight=Len+Wein

That thread only spawned 3 comments... IN A WEEK. Now a has been wrestler who has not had as much of an impact on pop culture in a way that Len did, already has 3 comments in under a day. I guess the creator of such a wonderful character (of print, comics, cartoons and Hollywood blockbusters) isn't hailed as much as some of the mediocre celebs we see honored after they die.

To me, that is very sad.

The best manager in the history of the business, a great talker who could cut the hell out of any promo, and an amazing performer. RIP, Bobby. Have a cold one with Gorilla.

As far as I'm concerned wrestling has never had a better commentary team than Monsoon and Heenan. Growing up with wrestling in the 80's Heenan was a household name in my house as he was so involved with wrestlings big push into the mainstream. The first big wrestling stable I even knew about was the Heenan Family.

Not to mention that in the prime of the then WWF, Bobby was a HUGE on-screen personality and public entertainer, hell the man even had roles in a few bad movies, cartoons, and even had his own action figure. This doesn't mean his contribution is any greater or less than Len Wein. But because of the aforementioned, his impact might feel greater because he was extensively publicly involved with the entertainment he created, he was part of the story, not just someone who wrote it. That isn't necessarily true for those who are behind the scenes in the comic world (with the exception of maybe Stan Lee).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back