" Look Sir, Droids" 1:12 scale.

Hemble

Hi All,

"Look Sir, Droids" dio was for a client.

Troopers & Dewback - The troopers are from Bandai and built straight out of the box and the back packs were made as per the clients request. The Dewback is from stannarts (www.stannarts.com) and is a resin figure which needed building which was the lower legs and toes, I added real leather to the saddle, straps, bags, water bottle and reins.

I used fake fur for the fur one the dewback and the bedrolls are pieces of cloth wrapped and then I used thin pieces of leather for the straps. The weapon holster and prod holster are also leather cut out and glued together.

Escape Pod - the pod has been made using PVC pipes and connections and then I detailed it using plastic card, 1/35th, 1/72nd scale parts, wire, paint lids and curtain rod ends.

Base - is a piece of wood I got from Bunnings (local hardware shop) and the edges are foam board and then I filled the interior with foam, paper and cardboard and once the interior was done I used Plaster of Paris to cover the foam etc. Once the Plaster was dry I then used a 50/40/10 mix of spakfilla/sand/paint and used this as the ground work.

Ron

Attachments

• ls1.JPG
    ls1.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 179
  • ls10.JPG
    ls10.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 168
  • ls12.JPG
    ls12.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 144
  • ls13.JPG
    ls13.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 169
  • ls14.JPG
    ls14.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 152
  • ls16.JPG
    ls16.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 163
  • ls17.JPG
    ls17.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 164
  • ls7.JPG
    ls7.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 180
  • ls8.JPG
    ls8.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 178
  • ls4.JPG
    ls4.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 163
Love the amount of details that goes into creating your dio; even the wheel path of R2D2 in the sand. :cool

Love the amount of details that goes into creating your dio; even the wheel path of R2D2 in the sand. :cool

Cheers buddy and yeah I like to try and get the small details like the prints in the sand as I think it makes a dio that more realistic.

Ron

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back