CFO ROTJ Darth Vader helmet

Wow that thing looks amazing. I hope it does not cost too much. I have been looking for something higher on the lineage tree then my Stone for a display piece.

This helmet reminds me as to why ROTJ is my favorite.

The base cast was from the GS helmet that was pulled from the uk mould around early 1980's.
it was given to a carpenter working on set. It was a fairly rough cast and badly painted, cracked and chipped. We were volunteered to mould and cast the original helmet. I then reworked a cast of that into what you see here. I will be running these but have a few details to work out first.

This was the original helmet that was cast.
2f6712746fd80f632fc1eb9ec0f4d473.jpg
66a70ac46a720ad99c0f75b234a50adc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only just seen this sskunky. loving the work :)
Do you have anymore info on the GS helmet you have shown? I know a bit about the different lineage castings but not this one.
I can see its a anh face and a later dome, unless its an anh dome thats damaged? I love learning the histories of casts, as we all do I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
The history of the GS is on the Propden but it's a cast from the uk mould taken around the time of ESB/ROTJ. The faceplate was ANH and a direct cast of the screen used ANH faceplate which was moulded for the production of the ESB and ROTJ screen used helmets. The dome is ROTJ not a broken ANH dome. I believe they had the ROTJ dome as early as '79. The donee helmet was owned by a carpenter who worked on ESB and rotj.

As always, thanks Mark for sharing such great high resolution detailed pictures. Not just of the items you make, but over the years the photos of helmets of provenance you personally took that you could share and have shared with us. It adds a lot to the hobby and always a thrill seeing such rare items in full detail. Thanks!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back