PKD receiver-front greebly

Win7ermute

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's occurred to me that despite consuming huge amounts of information about this prop I don't know anything about this particular piece, what it's called, or what we think it is/was.Much google-fu was unsuccessful.

Any help ?

574ced1dcfd112d8af1138402de1c6c5.jpg

No clue, just a wild guess. But yea, if they were demilling them I could see the prop team using everything they can from the original.

again I'm just throwing out my guess. Looking further into it, I don't think it is. Could be anything..hmm?

It's not a match for the firing pin. I can get a pick up later, but the pins body is actually kind of squarish, and the point much blunter IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That said, it was probably machined to resemble it, I'd say. Much like the sight rod was likely machined to resemble a pin vise or screw driver, instead of actually being a found part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did you demill a actual Steyr and build a blaster?

That's my dream build right there. Real bulldog and real Steyr Mannlicher turned into a real-deal-Holyfield blaster

It's not finished, but it's slowly coming together.

There was also some hope for a while that the front end cap might have been the stub of the Steyr's barrel, turned down and notched on a lathe, but the hole for the striker-like pointy protrusion is smaller than the chambering on a .22. Another one of those things you want to be right, because it would be such an elegant solution (& it's threaded for the receiver), but doesn't quite work out.

So did you demill a actual Steyr and build a blaster?

That's my dream build right there. Real bulldog and real Steyr Mannlicher turned into a real-deal-Holyfield blaster

It's also one of those details in the gun that fans wonder about having a narrative purpose, like the lights, the big hole in the back of the grip, etc. Since it moves in and out with the bolt when the bolt handle is open and back, we've all wondered if there was a reason it was made that way.

Which kit is that? I noticed that the Tomen front greebly is not accurate to the original prop.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I'm away from my desktop computer but my friend and I looked at numerous caps of that "pin." It is not part of the Steyr, I have a Steyr SL upper receiver with complete bolt assembly, etc. and it looks nothing like the firing pin but it is an easy assumption to make. I'll post some pics of what we machined up for it. It IS connected to the bolt assembly so when you move the cocking handle it moves, etc.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back