Halloween 2018

Man JLC has stayed in shape. But where's the butterfly collar?

Halloween-Long-Walk.jpg

H40!

Continuity is going to be Halloween 1, 2, then this new one. Which is funny cause H20 basically did the same thing and ignored 3-6. And everyone ignores Resurrection.

Despite the absolute absurdity of the whole Thorn story arc, I really like 4 and 5 if only just for the performances Danielle Harris gives. I honestly thought she was gonna be a bigger star because of them.

As for another Halloween revival that just follows after the first two films...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really looking forward to this. I hope they do it justice. There's definitely a good team behind this one! I wonder if they'll be filming in South Pasadena again? Walking down those streets feels like you're right in the film.

Danielle Harris AND Donald Pleasance. The franchise just hasn't been the same since Loomis' passing.

Donald Pleasance was a terrific actor. One of those versatile, old-school, working types that did anything and everything (for better and worse). I won't say that the franchise hinged on him making it better though, I refuse to give Halloween 6 any kind of credit, but his dedication to it due solely because of the fan admiration speaks volumes about Pleasance's own character. I'm sure if he lived indefinitely, he'd meet his "Halloween 22" goal.

As far as I'm concerned there are four Halloween movies...two by Carpenter and two remakes by Rob Zombie. Anything that happened in between, or anything that spins off of anything that happened in between, holds zero interest for me.

It can't be worse than the Rob Zombie movies.

TRUTH! Actually, I think it is kind of cool that the Halloween franchise is coming back to life after a remake. Not many have done that. Granted the Halloween movies have had a weird history but still, I can't think of anything other than Evil Dead that has returned to the original continuity after a remake. I hope it is a trend! (I'm looking at you Ghostcorps).

The Rob Zombie remakes are weird as hell. I prefer the theatrical Rob Zombie version over the directors cut, but prefer the directors cut of H2. The first one would have been way better if he ditched the shaky cam and the white trash element to it. The dream sequence of the Rob's H2 directors cut was amazing.. Everything after that it just goes south.

But of course the 78 version is just legendary and hold up so well.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back