Destiny: Rise of Iron Iron Lord Axe

Cyan Junkie

Hey all. I started this build in October of 2016 as a side project while I built my Dark Souls Artorias cosplay.

I've taken a decent amount of progress photos so far. Pretty close to being done. I've cut out all of the pieces for the handle except the pomel but haven't taken pictures yet. So far I've cutten out all the details in the axe head filled in the seams and it's ready to be fully assembled after I do a little bit more shaping on the branch section. (going to add more Qwik seal to the low parts of the details so it transitions smoothly instead of just dropping off)

I have a PVC coupler I'm going to glue in the middle of the axe head with some supports so the axe head is removable. I plan on making another one that lights up some time in the future. Plus making it removable makes it easier to store etc.

If you have questions or want to see more pics, let me know.

axe wip 1.jpgaxe wip 2.jpgaxe wip 3.jpgaxe wip 4.jpgaxe wip 5.jpgaxe wip 6.jpgaxe wip 7.jpgaxe wip 8.jpgaxe wip 9.jpgaxe wip 10.jpg

this is looking great man! any plans to make a mold and some rough casts of the head after youre done?

Haven't thought of that. I've never molded anything before and this is made from EVA foam so I'm not sure how well it would work lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool! Have you been working off of a template that is available somewhere? I've been thinking about making one myself.

Thanks! Nope! All freehand. I made my own templates but maybe I'll scan them and upload them for everyone to use.

If you want the measurements, the blade is 26 inches wide, and 11 1/2 inches tall. Thickness varies from 1/2 inch to 2 inches. (the 2 inch section is the center of the blade)

Hey everyone, I just finished the axe the other day and realized I didn't upload the last few WIP shots.

axe wip 11.jpgaxe wip 12.jpgaxe wip 13.jpg

PVC coupler is so the head of the axe can be removable if needed, makes it way easier to store or transport. I planned this before even starting the project thankfully.

Here's the final axe! I might weather it a little bit more but I'm about 95% happy with it.

Axe head and the little spikes on the handle are EVA foam, small details are craft foam, and the handle is PVC pipe.

Chain is a plastic chain I bought on Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/PLASTIC-CHAI...&qid=1506192689&sr=8-4&keywords=plastic+chain

Though Home Depot should sell it by the foot too.

axe 1 op.jpgaxe 4 op.jpgaxe 5 op.jpgaxe 12 op.jpgaxe 13 op.jpgaxe 15 op.jpgaxe 16 op.jpgaxe 18 op.jpgaxe 22 op.jpg

If you have any questions or anything let me know!

Attachments

• axe 1.jpg
    axe 1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 199
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back