Fibreglass Judge Dredd Helmet from eBay - Accurate ?

PAULH

Hello! I'm relatively new to this forum and decided that my next project was to dust off a Judge Dredd helmet I bought from eBay maybe 5 years ago. I'd got as far as trimming and priming, but then lost interest. Just wondered whether you guys think it's accurate as the last movie's helmet. I'd be pleased to hear your comments...

IMG_6009.JPGIMG_6010.JPGIMG_6011.JPG

Looks good to me,try the facebook Uk judges forum,Brit cit trading post,and there are a few more.Also if you like it then it's ok

That's the plan! I've ordered a motorcycle helmet visor and some window tint film. I'm going to try to apply gold leaf for the badge.

Finished it a few months back but thought I'd post a few pics of the helmet in progress and finished. I also made a liner using a piece of rubber exercise mat covered with some black car head liner material. That was tricky to get right - a lot of trial and error to get it to match the profile of the edge of the helmet.

In terms of painting it, I applied silver over the primer, then satin black, and then Fiat Racing Red. The black underlayer darkened the red slightly which was what I was after. Weathering was done with a Dremel for the deep scrapes, and a combination of 2500 grit paper and metal polish for the more subtle wear marks.

DREDD 1.jpg

DREDD 2.jpg

DREDD 3.jpg

DREDD 4.jpg

DREDD 5.jpg

DREDD 7.jpg

Thanks for looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back