The Disaster Artist - Movie about the making of "The Room" - Tommy Wiseau

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. But if you've seen the cult (so bad it's good) movie "The Room" and at least laughed at it, or get any of the thousands of memes it spurred, then you may want to give this a watch.

I am super excited for this. That movie is SOOO terrible, I can't wait to watch a recreation of the train wreck it must have been to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to this myself but I'm wondering if it isn't worth picking up the book first to read before seeing the film.

On the contrary, I recommend reading the book! It's one of the funniest I've read and goes into a lot more detail than (I suspect) the movie. You should also listen to the audiobook narrated by Greg Sestero himself. He acts out most of the book and does the wackiest Tommy Wiseau impression ever!

Can't wait for this movie.

I'm on the movie before book side.

I've never liked a book and had the movie be better...

but I've seen dozens of movies where I enjoyed the flick and then the book was just better and made the flick better.

Re: The Disaster Artist - Movie about the making of "The Room" - Tommy Wiseau

but I've seen dozens of movies where I enjoyed the flick and then the book was just better and made the flick better.

Ever read goldfinger?

- - - Updated - - -

Ever read goldfinger?

Re: The Disaster Artist - Movie about the making of "The Room" - Tommy Wiseau

I can imagine this winning a couple of Oscars and then being marketed as "the best movie ever made about the worst movie ever made."

- - - Updated - - -

I can imagine this winning a couple of Oscars and then being marketed as "the best movie ever made about the worst movie ever made."

Ordering the book tonight. I've watched the Nostalgia Critic review of The Room at least ten times and have been obsessed with Wiseau's strangeness ever since.

Watched The Room last night to prepare for this. My god, the cringy love scenes alone would be enough to catapult this into cult "bad movie" status. It was like a non-English speaking robot who had never met a woman stumbled on an old Christian self-help book on how to spice up a marriage and attempted to interpret it for actual human beings. Wtf?

I actually got the audio book. It is just under 12 hours long. I brought it to work with me and could not stop listening to it, even through my breaks and lunch. I listened to the whole thing in one playthrough and already want to listen to it again. Greg Sestero, the author and Mark in The Room, narrates the book and does all of Tommy's dialogue in a spot on perfect impression of him. He also goes into depth on a lot of the behind the scenes bizarre things that went on during the making of the movie that will really make you appreciate it more when you watch it again, like why Tommy has the water bottle in the famous rooftop scene. I am definitely buying this movie when it comes out.

I actually got the audio book. It is just under 12 hours long. I brought it to work with me and could not stop listening to it, even through my breaks and lunch. I listened to the whole thing in one playthrough and already want to listen to it again. Greg Sestero, the author and Mark in The Room, narrates the book and does all of Tommy's dialogue in a spot on perfect impression of him. He also goes into depth on a lot of the behind the scenes bizarre things that went on during the making of the movie that will really make you appreciate it more when you watch it again, like why Tommy has the water bottle in the famous rooftop scene. I am definitely buying this movie when it comes out.

I know right? I was so pleasantly surprised about the audio book. Greg's impression of Tommy is SPOT ON PERFECT! I laugh every time he speaks as Tommy.

I'm seeing this tomorrow night, dressed as Tommy. I hope that if anyone does see it, they'll know what I'm doing.

On another note, in certain Regal Cinemas, they're doing a double-feature of The Room and The Disaster Artist. Unfortunately, none of the Regal theatres in Hawaii are participating.

Saw this tonight, and loved it! The Franco boys, as well as the entire cast was utterly brilliant. I’d definitely see this again.
3293606D-76E3-4997-A8CC-C39D9B9C2AD7.jpeg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back