Subscribe
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 12:48 PM - GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #1

From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 1:06 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #2

Harrison Ford wanted to die as far back as ESB. He pitched strongly for it in ROTJ.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 1:27 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #3

SethS said: View Post
    Harrison Ford wanted to die as far back as ESB. He pitched strongly for it in ROTJ.
    Yeah, he mentioned that in the interview.
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 1:31 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #4

Sorry-- I always post before I read. I find it's easier to be a know-it-all that way
    From
    Orlando, FL
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 2:44 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #5

Han should have died at the end of ESB. They have no idea what to do with him in ROTJ, so he's running around in the woods tapping troopers on the shoulder while a space battle is waged overhead
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 2:59 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #6

harrisonp said: View Post
    Han should have died at the end of ESB. They have no idea what to do with him in ROTJ, so he's running around in the woods tapping troopers on the shoulder while a space battle is waged overhead
    How dare you, sir. He was also doing this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    From
    Palo Alto, CA
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 3:00 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #7

He was supposed to have died in the first act of RotJ. Luke and Leia weren't supposed to be brother and sister. His death would have made the film darker as well as resolve the triangle set up in the first film. Luke was supposed to "fail" as foretold by Yoda in ESB before he left Dagobah. This would have set up the final trilogy that GL promised way back in 1978 when he announced that there would be a follow up trilogy as well as a a trilogy of prequels.

But GL got sick of SW and decided to just wrap everything up in RotJ. Which is why it sucks so much.
  8. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 3:48 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #8

What a shame it was completely fumble and wasted in Farce Awakens and meant absolute jack.

dascoyne said: View Post
    ...But GL got sick of SW and decided to just wrap everything up in RotJ. Which is why it sucks so much.
    I'd take RotJ any day, every day, until time ran out, if it were the only thing left of Star Wars, over another viewing of TFA.
    From
    Kansas City, Missouri
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 3:54 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #9

Bryancd said: View Post
    How dare you, sir. He was also doing this.
    He also did "jazz hands" seconds later but they edited it out.
  10. RPF Premium Member StevenBills's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 5:04 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #10

PoopaPapaPalps said: View Post
    I'd take RotJ any day, every day, until time ran out, if it were the only thing left of Star Wars, over another viewing of TFA.
    Even with this guy?

1 Week Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 5:35 PM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #11

PoopaPapaPalps said: View Post
    What a shame it was completely fumble and wasted in Farce Awakens and meant absolute jack.

Were there Ewoks in TFA? Nope, didn't think so. I'm fine with it then.
    1 Week Ago  Sep 14, 2017, 8:00 AM - Re: GL pitched Solo's death to Ford prior to TFA.. #12

StevenBills said: View Post
    That. Never. Happened.