WIP -Rocket Raccoon -(3 year old Daughter)-Halloween 2017(Complete)

Nismo

This year the Kiddo decided she wants to be rocket raccoon!

So far

Sketched up a jet pack in Autocad cut my paper templates and transferred them to your standard eva foam floor mats
ZnU6sS3l.jpg

got one of those under cabinet LED puck lights and a (make your own Christmas ornament for the dome. eventually I will spray paint the dome blueish purple.
I glued rare earth magnets to the dome - the puck is already metal so I can remove the dome- turn on the light by pressing it and replace the dome.also allows for battery replacement.
SjSEfTSl.jpg

Wife sewed a jump suit. This is made out of a mesh/stretchy material. very cool and flexible.
DrOhOvCl.jpg

Legs will eventually be trimmed to the knee
bQQdj1dl.jpg

Jet pack test fit- it will get a buckle for the waist and the Wife is sewing in velcro connections for the shoulder pads.
GWH0Ws5l.jpg

Paper patterns I made for the Orange bits they will eventually get sew on and the 3 grayed and weathered buckles.
Y8Je9iCl.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:
Re: WIP -Rocket Raccoon -(3 year old Daughter)-Halloween 2017

Now this is the kind of parent I want to be! love the build so far and hope to see more, curious how you'll go about the fur and mask

Now this is the kind of parent I want to be! love the build so far and hope to see more, curious how you'll go about the fur and mask

we are thinking we will just do a head band with ears - some face paint and make her a tail- Since she is only 3 we doubt she will put up with a mask at this age...and we also tend to have warm Octobers here so comfort is key. last year it was 89 on Halloween

Finishing up the Jet Pack
1oeJSELl.jpg

3e3fDBol.jpg

Wife finished the Jump suit and added velcro for the Jet Pack

uncdo1xl.jpg

nfUMIlTl.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Customer Review
5U2daTol.jpg

QJ7z7rDl.jpg

i42AyN6l.jpg

She seems happy with it - she can swing climb and run and it's nice and cool and the pack light is pretty bright which is making Momma feel safer about Halloween night

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back