SS Georgie from New "It" Film...What Type of Paper??

Gimpdiggity

Master Member
Hi.

I was was wondering if anyone knew what type of paper, and size, Bill made the boat for Georgie from? I'd like to make one as screen accurate as possible.

Thanks!
Jeff

IMG_4358.JPGWondering the same thing. The scene shows the paper torn from a spiral notebook but the actual paper seems thinner. That may also be because of the wax. Interested to see if anyone has any insight. Was hoping to find a paper prop of the missing posters too.

It looked like generic construction paper to me.

I've never seen construction paper that came out of a spiral type book, though. It looked to me like some kind of artists paper, but I'm not sure...

View attachment 758526Wondering the same thing. The scene shows the paper torn from a spiral notebook but the actual paper seems thinner. That may also be because of the wax. Interested to see if anyone has any insight. Was hoping to find a paper prop of the missing posters too.

Yeah, the paper being ripped out of the book seemed like a pretty heavy stock. Personally, I'd like to do it with a heavy stock so that I can actually put some wax on it and have it actually work!!!

Well after about 30 minutes I tried my best. It's a pretty blatant rip from the advertising poster and it isn't very pretty but it'll do :lol
View attachment 758610

Nice work, sir!!

Re: SS Georgie from New "It" Film...What Type of Paper??

Looks to me like some type of butcher paper. The color isn't exact to the kind I found but it's close and the thickness seems to be about right. It would also make sense to make a boat out of it because it's fluid resistant, that plus the wax would make a pretty "sea worthy" paper boat. Hope this helps.butcherpaper.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I realize now the paper in the picture I found is pretty glossy but they do have non-glossy butcher paper out there.

Of note, the handwriting in the one shown on display up at the top doesnt match the screencaps.

I’d like to do this as well. My only issue is making the thing. In the movie the sail part is pretty tall, but in all the tutorials I’ve seen it isn’t very tall at all. Anyone have luck making one similar to the movie?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back