Blade Runner: Off-World Inc to WorldCon-ish

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I snagged an Off-World Inc blaster on eBay for a steal! The Off-World is a decent blaster but it was too new looking. I love the worn in look of the blaster from the WorldCon photos so the build was on!

IMG_1713.JPG

I can be lazy and didnt feel like sanding the finish off of the receiver. I used paint stripper and it worked like a charm. There was something so satisfying about scraping paint off in big clumps.

IMG_1714.JPGIMG_1715.JPGIMG_1716.JPG

So bare

IMG_1718.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Off-World Inc to WorldCon-ish Blaster

Paint stripper was a great idea. You won't lose any sharpness off the casting! Can't wait to see more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paint stripper was a great idea. You won't lose any sharpness off the casting! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks! Your real steel PKD build is so awesome. I wish I was capable of such a build!

Thanks! Your real steel PKD build is so awesome. I wish I was capable of such a build!

That means a whole hell of a lot, man. When I began really didn't have a clue how I'd even start, much less finish it. Each step has been a crucible in its own right, lol. I say dive in, learn to swim later!

I used a chrome paint that I took down with steel wool. It was exactly the color I wanted. For comparison, you can see the barrel has been worked with steel wool and the rest of the frame is untouched

IMG_1733.JPG

Looking good Sundowner...have you tried scouring pads also? Some leave no marks on your paint and are gentler than a quadruple zeros steel wool;)

Looking good Sundowner...have you tried scouring pads also? Some leave no marks on your paint and are gentler than a quadruple zeros steel wool;)

Thanks for the tip! I'm using steel wool to intentionally leave marks to make it look weathered but I may use the scouring pad on the black plastic to take the shine off.

Right now I'm just weathering the hardware with a fire while paint dries.

IMG_1758.JPG

Awesome. Glad you snagged that blaster. I can't wait to see how it turns out. It's already looming better.

Awesome. Glad you snagged that blaster. I can't wait to see how it turns out. It's already looming better.
Thanks! I still need to add the 5th led in the mag. I was going to drill out the sight rod to have the green leds but that might be a tough task.

Small update, I weathered a bit of the plastic but the camera really doesn't pick it up well

IMG_1794.JPGIMG_1793.JPGIMG_1795.JPG

I trimmed down the rounded sighted and added another green led

IMG_1796.JPGIMG_1798.JPG

I drilled and added a bezel for that pesky 5th red led

IMG_1802.JPG

After a bit of weathering I noticed a knob had details that were worn down on one side but not the other. Well I decided to cut it and turn it around.

IMG_1815.JPGIMG_1816.JPG

Removed the slotted plastic screw piece and I have a weaver knob cast on the way!

IMG_1864.JPG

Working on the butt plate had me scratching my head for weathering. Time to experiment! Usually I use steel wool in a different manner to weather buuuut I like they way it turned out!

IMG_1906.JPGIMG_1901.JPGIMG_1907.JPG

Last edited:

Today I worked on weather the frame and trigger guard. A mix of chrome paint, semi gloss clear, steel wool and enamels mixed with thinner

A7F331B3-8DBA-4EA1-94C0-052DEB88C845.jpegBBB4A2FA-DB12-4D7A-811F-8CFFCAD35720.jpegBAC34361-DD57-400A-9236-707BEA7700D9.jpeg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back