Alien environmental MK50 suits FINISHED!!

Re: Alien EVA MK50 suit group build PIC HEAVY

thanks guys, bunch of work getting done on me and coozco ends.

i am close to finishing the shoulder, pack and chest armor. coozco sent me the parts he made for some of the details. and i have started the dreaded helmet. hope to have some WIP pics of that soon.

here is the pack, still have to drill holes for panel lights and pressure gauge. and add trim to the bottom left detail. then a good final sanding and make sure everything is nice and smooth.
20171013_104523.jpg

bottom details.
20171017_111019.jpg

top detail.
orca-image-1507911471281.jpg_1507911471778.jpeg

lights!! the correct size!! still need to drill holes and line up correctly.
orca-image-1508256834216.jpg_1508256834553.jpeg

here is the shoulder armor and details . the photo always makes the shoulder armor look taller and thinner than it is .. weird.

20171017_112240.jpg

details.
20171017_111001.jpg

20171017_111010.jpg

chest armor details still alot of clean up to do on those. and drill holes for the bolts.
20171017_110948.jpg

sweet! we need to figure out what adam savage had on the brass plate on the back of the jacket.

Now that i've gotten my feet wet a little with electroetching, I've been trying to figure out what this all says. Does anyone have any insight or ideas? It's a screen grab from @asavage's suit when he wore it to SDCC 2014.

Capture.PNG

if you guys have input, please share!

anywho... i have started learning fusion 360 for a 3d printing program. and decided to do the wrist parts that way. so i rendered the basic shape in 360. i left the bottom square because it would be easier to mold after clean up.
orca-image-1508888685858.jpg_1508888686204.jpeg

then needed the correct size to print. so i grabbed the greebs from the 74 mclaren kit. so i could work up a size here is the drawing with the octagon greebs. i need to clean up the greebs. make a waste mold of several of them in the right pattern . then just make copies then glue them down to a board that is the right width for the belt. then mold then cast in rubber.
20171027_091023.jpg

and here is the very start of the helmet.. long way to go on that. tons going on there and want the greebs i have to fit correctly. so having the greebs before starting it really helps judge size.
20171025_154126.jpg

Did they pinch this from a passing Stormtrooper? Looks very like the SE14 pistol used in promo shots for a New Hope.

The base gun is actually from my Dr. Evazan costume, which is a SE14. So technically it is from A New Hope!

Loving this thread so far. You've worked quicker on the EVA suit than I did on the Nostromo uniform jacket. I'm impressed.

up date molds for the chest and shoulder armor are done here is the pic when i first started the shoulder armor . all the armor will be cold cast bronze. hope to have some castings next week.

here is the helmet thus far . still ways to go on this. i am adding a part , checking against the greebs for size to make sure i have it right,

then bondo and sanding for days...............for days,

Last edited:

sweet.

got the first pulls from the shoulder bells. these have not been trimmed i was just seeing how the cold cast bronze was going to work. it works pretty well.

the bottom two parts are polished with no sealer or weathering yet. just playing around to see what kind of effects i could get.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back