Alien environmental MK50 suits FINISHED!!

thanks, guys. thank you for following along and giving advice.

we are final done and wore these to dragon con , had a blast, i wish we could have stayed in them longer but these things are hot and they don;t run the AC at the marriott..:/

thanks to those us help find parts, thanks to harry for reference and thanks to Kevo. and thanks to my wife and cody's girlfriend for putting up with this madness.
now to sculpt a base and egg to go with the suit display.

Harry , we have a holster for you.

here is our facebook page for building these if you want to join for your own research and what not.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/211373422726373/

here are some pics.
FB_IMG_1536019001464.jpg

IMG_20180903_174251_448.jpg

received_1152473808223913.jpg

IMG_20180903_174251_438.jpg

Maybe the AC was not working that day; when I was there in 2014 it was comfortable there.

I would think some helmet exhaust fans would have helped alot.

They look great. Do the headsets actually communicate between the suits or externally?

That was the plan originally, but we thought that we wouldn't need to do that. Come to find out when wearing the suit we can hear everybody else just fine but nobody can hear us. So in the future we'll be adding mics and speakers and walkie talkies.

Maybe the AC was not working that day; when I was there in 2014 it was comfortable there.

I would think some helmet exhaust fans would have helped alot.

The heat was pretty manageable, it was the weight of the suit that got to us. Its about 40lbs total and a lot of it is sitting on 2 points on the shoulders.

There are 2 exhaust fans in the front of the helmet, 2 fans in the back blowing air into the helmet and one in the pack pushing air up to the helmet as well.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back