Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I like collecting these Black Series helmets. These are extremely cool items, tons of features, and Hasbro is putting them in people's hands for a price less than an arm and a leg.

Just ordered mine on Amazon. I was debating if I wanted to get it now or wait incase the price drops, but I didn't want to risk it being gone later. Plus, this is worth $100 IMO.

Just ordered mine on Amazon. I was debating if I wanted to get it now or wait incase the price drops, but I didn't want to risk it being gone later. Plus, this is worth $100 IMO.

The price will probably drop to $80 around X-mas then stay there. I'll pay the extra to have it now.

Thought of this today: if I want to wear the lower piece as a Halloween costume, I should figure out a way to add spacers to allow some more neck room. I don't really care if a gap shows. Maybe add some velcro strips.

I'd also have to pick up the rest of the costume! The Rubies Supreme is a (very expensive) option. But I really only want the "hard" goods -- less the helmet. Don't need another Vader mask in my collection.

Thought of this today: if I want to wear the lower piece as a Halloween costume, I should figure out a way to add spacers to allow some more neck room. I don't really care if a gap shows. Maybe add some velcro strips.

I'd also have to pick up the rest of the costume! The Rubies Supreme is a (very expensive) option. But I really only want the "hard" goods -- less the helmet. Don't need another Vader mask in my collection.
Sometimes the Rubies Supreme drops to about $500 on Amazon and Halloweencostumes.com. Not a bad deal.

Thanks for the tip. Ideally, I'll find a used one on eBay at a lower price. I hop in there once in awhile but nothing yet.

I just put items like this in my Amazon cart and save for later. I check back regularly. There is notifications in the cart when there is a price change. When it gets to an acceptable price, I buy.

This isn't mine but someone built this for their helmet (from FB).

IMG_3311.JPGIMG_3312.JPG

$88.00 at Walmart. Didnt have the cash but it was cool to see.

View attachment 810130

I'm thinking that's not the price sticker for it. It's just where someone (probably a customer) put it. Funny thing is, apart from the Walmart where I bought mine, I haven't seen any more. I haven't even seen any indication that anyone even had them. That's including half a dozen Walmarts, three Targets, and a Best Buy (although the latter had a Poe helmet for $50).

My old age must be affecting my eyes but all the great paintwork modifications that folks have done.....I can't tell the difference. I know there is because I trust the folks here but I can't tell. Can anyone do a side by side and maybe a punch list of what exactly is different? Thanks.....it also doesn't help that I'm a total noob when it comes to Vader's helmet.

I got my helmet yesterday. I ordered from Hasbrotoyshop for $80 with free shipping. For that price, I really like it.
I know it's not screen accurate, but I'm upgrading from a $30 standard Don Post from the 90s. So I'm not complaining too much.
My only big complaint is how short the neck piece is.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back