Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I would think they are limited by keeping it at a certain price and able to fit in a certain size box. This is meant as a mass produced toy, not a high end replica. Price and box dimensions are a higher priority in this case.

This is the most complex of the BS helmets. The others may have been more accurate, but they were simpler and the size of the helmets worked better.

Who makes a $100 Vader that is accurate in dimensions? The efx PCR has pretty accurate dimensions but costs quite a bit more and it doesn't have the reveal features or sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I would think they are limited by keeping it at a certain price and able to fit in a certain size box. This is meant as a mass produced toy, not a high end replica. Price and box dimensions are a higher priority in this case.

This is the most complex of the BS helmets. The others may have been more accurate, but they were simpler and the size of the helmets worked better.

Who makes a $100 Vader that is accurate in dimensions? The efx PCR has pretty accurate dimensions but costs quite a bit more and it doesn't have the reveal features or sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

No one said this is a high end nor is anyone talking about the size. Its the half-ass Altman looking sculpt we are complaining about. Its not rocket science to sculpt something closer.

After looking at the video if appears (to me) to be a hybrid of two helmets used in ESB. The meditation chamber scene and the I am your father scene. It obviously have had the ornamentation of the the reveal but if you look at the I am your father scene. The helmet is different from the the rest used in the film. The back of the dome is shorter and the mask sculpt appears (to me) to be different. This helmet appears to be more like this helmet from the front. I may also be mistaken but this seems like a prototype. It may change by final release.

After looking at the video if appears (to me) to be a hybrid of two helmets used in ESB. The meditation chamber scene and the I am your father scene. It obviously have had the ornamentation of the the reveal but if you look at the I am your father scene. The helmet is different from the the rest used in the film. The back of the dome is shorter and the mask sculpt appears (to me) to be different. This helmet appears to be more like this helmet from the front. I may also be mistaken but this seems like a prototype. It may change by final release.

There were no sculptural changes to vader's helmet in ESB. Its lighting and angle that makes props appear different. I think there was only one helmet mainly used as the Hero along side the Perspex stunt helmet Anderson wore. The Hasbro sculpt is off and not even close to what is seen in the OT.

I disagree......Its just as bad as the Altman and has the wide look so I group them together. It looks like they didn't even try on the sculpt.

-This much butthurt over a $100 mass produced toy which incorporates the best feature-a reveal style helmet- complete with audio features
-Doesn't look like an Altmans

Seriously, stop being so grumpy. You're not required to buy this and this isn't advertised as a high-end replica. Those are offered by EFX or Anovos, but you'll never see after purchasing anyways.

BS Vader and altman.jpg

My first thoughts exactly......i had such high hopes for this....it looks like an Altman's with a cut off neck.......the dome is to short and narrow on top, the face too wide and square, no neck to speak of...it would take a CRAP TON of work to make this look like a prop rather than a toy....what a wasted opportunity.....:(

I know it IS basically a toy, but, come on....they KNOW who buys this stuf!!!! ...also after the really quite excellent Poe and Stormtrooper helmets, i thought they'd try to make it look like the prop....:(

Rich

Right, they do know who for the most part buy these: average joes walking through target who see it and go, “whoa! That’s awesome! I want that!” They’re all priced much lower than higher quality more accurate replicas because that’s not what they are supposed to be. I know plenty of people who aren’t at our level of fanaticism who will likely buy this in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-This much butthurt over a $100 mass produced toy which incorporates the best feature-a reveal style helmet- complete with audio features
-Doesn't look like an Altmans

Seriously, stop being so grumpy. You're not required to buy this and this isn't advertised as a high-end replica. Those are offered by EFX or Anovos, but you'll never see after purchasing anyways.

View attachment 764100

You seem butthurt over my complaining.

Hasbro has done a fantastic job till now. ITS NOT HARD TO SCULPT SOMETHING CLOSER!!!!! IT COSTS NOTHING TO CHANGE THE SCULPT WHEN THEY WERE INITALLY DOING THE SCULPT! That was I'm trying to say.

You seem butthurt over my complaining.

Hasbro has done a fantastic job till now. ITS NOT HARD TO SCULPT SOMETHING CLOSER!!!!! IT COSTS NOTHING TO CHANGE THE SCULPT WHEN THEY WERE INITALLY DOING THE SCULPT! That was I'm trying to say.

LOL Scream louder at the computer. I'm sure Hasbro will hear you sooner or later

And you continue to respond to me LOL. I'm past this now back on topic.

It's been on topic this whole time. I think it's entirely laughable to be so upset over a Hasbro toy.

Having this logic on the RPF itself makes it even worse.

Expressing such displeasure about the accuracy of a $100 toy helmet from Hasbro on the RPF is EXACTLY like walking into a supermarket to get upset over the existence of imitation crab meat for not being the real thing and cheaper, while you can simply go purchase the REAL crab meat for much more $$ elsewhere in the store.

I'll enjoy my ridiculously undersized reveal vader that I won't be able to wear at all, and put it on display next to my Darth Ugly ANH while not giving a crap for once about accuracy.

Some people just want to enjoy things in life

What's frustrating is the Stormtrooper, Kylo Ren, and Poe helmet (and the Starlord and Iron Man helmets on the Marvel side) all look just like the props they were based on. So when we heard they would make Vader, we expected it to have the same accuracy as the previous helmets, but now we see it is a totally original sculpt. It's still cool that it is a fully fuctional reveal helmet, just not the sculpt we all wanted.

What's frustrating is the Stormtrooper, Kylo Ren, and Poe helmet (and the Starlord and Iron Man helmets on the Marvel side) all look just like the props they were based on. So when we heard they would make Vader, we expected it to have the same accuracy as the previous helmets, but now we see it is a totally original sculpt. It's still cool that it is a fully fuctional reveal helmet, just not the sculpt we all wanted.

To put it into perspective though, think about what those helmets are really based on- the stormtrooper is clearly based off the Rogue One TK, which was an idealized/"perfect" design unlike their OT predecessors. The Kylo is it's own original sculpt from TFA, and made using 3D modeling/printing. If we're going on the same pattern, the closest thing we'd have for vader would be the ROTS or the Rogue One vader, or else you're expecting an asymmetric, imperfect helmet which I don't believe Hasbro would WILLINGLY do.

Hell, the thing isn't even painted to be accurate to any design other than the ROTS. I think it's just an "idealized" version, more than anything. The reveal aspect is likely added to give the product more depth, and not really be representative of trying to be an ROTJ style either.

I can't imagine they would intentionally throw out into the wild a helmet toy that's not a true replica to begin with, and make it wonky and less than ideal to the casual star wars fan. Look at the aftermath of folks who bought the Anovos stormtrooper kits that complained about how asymmetric and wonky the armor was, believing it to be poor quality and demanding refunds. The general consumer doesn't know the details like we do.

I understand what your saying. I personally have a fiberglass cast of Vader’s ESB helmet. It’s pretty dead on. I like this Hasbro helmet, although I look at it through the perspective that it’s a toy. I don’t expect the same quality out of it as I would if one my replicas. Still, to get upset of a different view or opinion is ridiculous.

We (all of us) May be right or we (all of us) May be wrong. We all certainly have a love for this stuff or we would be here expressing opinions.

I for one am excited to see the final product. If I don’t like it then, I won’t buy it. I still have my fiberglass ESB version.

I think it's a matter of varying degrees... for the vast majority of the populous, the will be *the* definitive Vader helmet for them, the same way that the BS lightsabers are the definitive lightsaber collectables for them because the price is right, the hilts are metal and they light up.

The next level up of collector would be the ones that buy the PCR eFX Vader helmets... it's 'expensive' for them but as far as they know, screen accurate.

And then there the level that's up from that, the ones that bought the original limited and Legend editions made from fiberglass... at $800 those would have been out of the price range of most casual collectors.

And then there's the level that even up even from that, the ones that fork out the money for the SLs the TMs and GS helmets because in terms os 'accuracy' even the eFX helmets can't compare in those collector's eyes.

Of course this new BS can't compare for anyone looking at it from any of these higher tiers... but the same can be said of all of these other Vader helmets if you're looking at it from the very top of the pyramid...

I think it's a matter of varying degrees... for the vast majority of the populous, the will be *the* definitive Vader helmet for them, the same way that the BS lightsabers are the definitive lightsaber collectables for them because the price is right, the hilts are metal and they light up.

The next level up of collector would be the ones that buy the PCR eFX Vader helmets... it's 'expensive' for them but as far as they know, screen accurate.

And then there the level that's up from that, the ones that bought the original limited and Legend editions made from fiberglass... at $800 those would have been out of the price range of most casual collectors.

And then there's the level that even up even from that, the ones that fork out the money for the SLs the TMs and GS helmets because in terms os 'accuracy' even the eFX helmets can't compare in those collector's eyes.

Of course this new BS can't compare for anyone looking at it from any of these higher tiers... but the same can be said of all of these other Vader helmets if you're looking at it from the very top of the pyramid...

Very well said.

Right, they do know who for the most part buy these: average joes walking through target who see it and go, “whoa! That’s awesome! I want that!” They’re all priced much lower than higher quality more accurate replicas because that’s not what they are supposed to be. I know plenty of people who aren’t at our level of fanaticism who will likely buy this in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And to be fair (I am agreeing with you LTsmash1200) it's a toy.... Meant for kids... If this was meant to be brought to the highest standards around then it wouldn't be a KIDS TOY. Nobody walks into the local Walmart and complains about how "off" the Barbie doll version of Rey is compared to Daisy Ridley. Nobody complains about Lego set innacurracies. So why complain about a kids helmet? I'm pretty sure that when hasn't released their first helmet (kylo Ren) they weren't thinking about how many people would buy it to Mod it, but they thought about how cool it would be to be able to buy a piece like that commercially at your local toy shop. Hasbro makes toys for the general public NOT high end collectors. Don't expect perfect quality products from a kids toy company. I'm gonna buy this helmet come up on it's release just because it's a badass piece that not alot of people would think about making or even go through with making. But that's just my 2 cent's.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back