Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

if the price is right, I'll get this as a reveal helmet. Altogether it looks like a step above the Rubies Supreme quality
I think the Rubies is way above this. That one needs some rework with the details and dome position to go as a passable piece but the overall shapes are kind of OK. This one looks more like an Altmann's Vader where the entire sculpt is just off. Shame...

The list of things wrong with this helmet is extensive. I was hoping it would replace the Rubies as an entry level helmet. It probably will for the average buyer, especially seeing it in the toy aisle at stores, but not in terms of accuracy. It just bugs me because there is no reason for Hasbro to have made this so inaccurately. There's always been a couple of things wrong or that I don't like with their Black Series and Marvel Legends helmets, but this one's waaaaaay off.

The inaccuracies with this helmet most likely are due to laws regarding masks for children. I know adults are the ones that are going to buy this, but regardless toy companies are still bound to have certain measurement requirements such as eye visibility and breathing room, etc.

So you guys do realize that one of the main issue with why the mask looks 'off' is because it's symmetrical. And there's no way, no how that Hasbro would ever be able to release a helmet meant to be consumed by the general population that wasn't symmetrical without mass complaints about quality control.

You will never get this from Hasbro:

Vader 1.jpg

So you guys do realize that one of the main issue with why the mask looks 'off' is because it's symmetrical. And there's no way, no how that Hasbro would ever be able to release a helmet meant to be consumed by the general population that wasn't symmetrical without mass complaints about quality control.

You will never get this from Hasbro:

View attachment 797584

Their sculpt could be WAY better while still being symmetricalCoughROTSCough. It looks like a half brain dead person sculpted it.

I had figured that's why they've removed the neck from the facemask. Vader is a huge helmet. I have the eFX and a custom one. Although it's marketed as an adult product. Their Star-Lord helmet especially is way too big for a child. And that has a three-tone color scheme plus weathering. They couldn't even paint this one.

I was thinking, once I get this, I could try mating the 2005 ROTS voice changer mask with this one's dome. Maybe that would look better?

You could..but you would loose the reveal section.But if you only want a better looking helmet the dome+ROTS mask could be a better combination.Like I said..the dome is the best on this helmet in my eyes.

You could..but you would loose the reveal section.But if you only want a better looking helmet the dome+ROTS mask could be a better combination.Like I said..the dome is the best on this helmet in my eyes.

I could display the reveal components next to the "complete" helmet. I didn't mean I was going to pitch them:p

I just can not get into this helmet at all. I cant do it. Its as much as a disaster as the EFX scout..imo.

The face is fat and the mouth vent is all sunk in on the sides, and the dome brow is too exaggerated making Vader look like he is so pissed of he wants to just end every race in the galaxy.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back