Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

Someone needs to make a proper reveal stand for this with 3 levels.

I really like what was done here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281350&page=13&p=4424133&viewfull=1#post4424133

My helmet is supposed to be in Monday, I also ordered some black 3/4" PVC pipe and caps. Plan is to do something very similar, not sure on the base though, whether to go with a rectangular or oval. Also not sure if I want to do a satin black finish on some MDF or use black acrylic for a gloss finish.

Here in the UK they're mislabeled, stumbled on it last night and got a pre-order in. It's called "STAR WARS E0328EU4 S2 BL Black Series Helmet, Boys, Gray, One Size". It disappeared just after I placed the order, but looks to have come back again overnight :)

I found it under that, too. An obvious search of “Black Series Darth Vader Helmet” buried it on page 3 of the results and I almost missed it! I’ve placed my pre-order and it’s supposed to be getting here Friday. Let’s hope that it actually turns up and doesn’t get delayed again like the Stormtrooper lid...

I've been to two Targets, with no indication that either ever had this. One had no Han Solo merchandise whatsoever. Ditto for the three Walmarts nearby. The launch for this seems spotty at best.

Mine showed up today...gotta love Sunday mail delivery. I am really digging this. I will display it next to my EFX PCR special edition.

Last edited:
If I see the helmet in the wild I might pick it up. It's disappointing in my opinion from how nice the last 3 releases were and how this came out. Regardless, my son will enjoy it as I keep my Anovos helmet where it and other props belong...behind glass.

I'm not sure what to make of this thing. There was zero promotion prior to release. Every article promoting Solo toys releases had no mention of it. If it wasn't for Hasbrocon we wouldn't have known about it. With the level of detail and quality I just don't see how they were able to produce it at the $100 price point... only hindsight will show what happened but I expect it will be an interesting story.

Just got it today from Amazon. I'm returning it. It doesn't fit my big head. I've posted about it on the SLD and a helmet facebook group. It's really tight around my jaw. If I open my mouth too much to talk, it comes apart. Also can't wear it with the rear neck seal. The slightest jaw movement disengages the magnets. The sound effects and the details are really cool. I wish I could just keep the bottom half to wear around my neck.

And it looks just as bad and inaccurate as in the initial Hascon announcement.

Mine is still in its box. Gotta make room for it first, plus I feel like a bit of silver rub n buff could really make the interior lower jaw look better. Maybe a dark wash to bring out the texture and the highlights with rub n buff.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing everyone’s mods and how they’re displaying them.

30728542_998902723595549_935191572772268260_n.jpg30724264_998902706928884_8116247351125506635_n.jpg30716708_998902853595536_5069858147128337391_n.jpg

Compare TBS with EFX

Welp, I found a huge box on my doorstop today, no idea what it was. I completely forgot I ordered this on Friday :lol

This thing is awesome for my needs. I grew up a huge Star Wars fan but when I got into props they never really moved the needle. This is actually my first SW prop. I'm worried it's gonna snowball from here.

Out of interest, how big a head are we talking here?
62cm, but the problem isn't head circumference. I can't move my jaw with the helmet. It's really tight around my jaw because that's where the batteries and electronics are.

If Hasbro had just made a correctly sized and sculpted facemask with the longer neck, it wouldn't be any issue. Since then the battery compartment would be around my neck, rather than my jaw. Out of all the inaccuracies with it, that is the worst as it makes it unwearable for me.

For reference I have a 23 inch head it mine fits like a glove. The magnets in mine are VERY strong. Almost too strong. It really takes some umph to pry it apart.

nothing to really add to the discussion, other than this would have been a childhood dream come true to even get this level of accuracy in an overglorified toy for no more than $100. Its ugly from all accuracy standards, but as a good cheap cosplay alternative that is engineered to be idiot proof, its hard not to beat. I for one will be glad to see cheap vaders on halloween rockin these instead of being eyesores with those teeny-domed chestbox versions.

nothing to really add to the discussion, other than this would have been a childhood dream come true to even get this level of accuracy in an overglorified toy for no more than $100. Its ugly from all accuracy standards, but as a good cheap cosplay alternative that is engineered to be idiot proof, its hard not to beat. I for one will be glad to see cheap vaders on halloween rockin these instead of being eyesores with those teeny-domed chestbox versions.
Wife asked why I ordered a new Darth Vader mask and if I really needed it. LOL.

I asked her why she needed a new coach bag ;)
d8fa98fd34e0867d043d3dc2f9ea3d34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back