Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

IMG_4779.JPGIMG_4766.JPG

Enjoy!

Hi

Received mine today via Amazon.de It was not super cheap but very acceptable. First impression is good, it fits my 7,5 head! Deatails are not sceen accurate but good enough for me. I have tree BS helmet so far and this is the first one I can put on without pain. I am sure with the help of some paint it can look even a bit better, will see what can be done. All in all...nice toy! ;-)

cheers
Uwe

Picked one of these up at Walmart for $75 a few weeks ago. I have not read the whole thread, nor will i because i'm excited. Be aware that i am biased in favor of this helmet because a wearable Reveal has had Grail Status for me since i was....**** i don't even know; childhood. Review caveat given. Onward.

First, apparently the instruction sheet was made by the same people who make the Transformers instructions, because they show the little stand positioned in-line with the curve of the neck. IMO it was designed to go the other way, because it is much easier to seat the helmet and it stands much more solidly when the curve of the stand opposes the curve of the neck. If this hasnt' been noted already, you're welcome.

The fit i can see being tight for some, but for me it's just on the snug side of perfect. Moves with my head just like it should. Obviously this is not accurate to any filmed helmet, nor did i expect it to be, because 1. it's Vader, and 2. I haunt the RPF, and i understand that gives me unrealistic expectations. If I'd been after a glass-case quality helm i'd have come here instead. This is more of a deluxe costume piece and was more or less bought as such. That and 81% "OMG there is a wearable Vader Reveal IN FRONT OF ME on sale for a price i can afford I MUST HAVE IT NOW." That said, as i turn my head to examine this helmet in the mirror i do get a bit of a ROTJ "stalking Luke beneath the throneroom" vibe from the muzzle. The interior of the mask obviously got the most severe simplification to make it cost effective, but there's enough sculpted detail that you could bring a lot out of this with a good paint job. The interior of the neck likewise has a good bit of simplification, but the bulk of the corners were cut where they won't be visible unless you take it off, and again a good paint job would do a lot to enhance it for display purposes. I'm modeling my display plan on the Magic Of Myth exhibit so they wont' stand out much in that capacity even without paint, which is good since i plan to wear this a lot. From a Newbie's First Reveal Helmet perspective the back of the neckbrace is impressive by itself. I want to incorporate it into a Borg costume and see how many people notice. This is after all my first 1:1 Reveal, so aside from that all i can say about it is that functionally it works very well. The assembled neck fits me just loosely enough that i could easily run a Camelback hose in to sip on during a con. Overall, for what it is, and especially for the price, i give it top marks.

Hey man you feel like hookin' a boy up? No mods, just paint. If so how much you want? I said when i took mine out of the box that paint could bring a lot out of the sculpt, and you've proven that, but I'm more of a builder than a painter. I'm confident enough to do a simple solid coat of gloss black on the dome and that's as far as i should be trusted. Just one more question before you pm me if you're down: how's the durability of the new paint? I bought it to wear it after all.

Also, DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN

Could anyone tell me how heavy is this if used for trooping?

It's on the light side.

:p

but seriously, if it fits you well you'll be good to go. It's not much heavier than its trooper sibling, and well balanced. I myself didn't even need to modify the padding.

I bought one of these at full price when they came out and I really like it. Got word that Walmart was clearing them out and sure enough, picked up another brand new one for $25!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For any Canadian RPFers the Vader Helmet is on Amazon.ca right now for 77 Canadian, or roughly 57 usd
Been watching it; now at $74. Based on what the Starlord helmet did on Amazon not too long ago (and CRAP, do I wish I hadn't tried to wait it out under fifty bucks! So close!), I'm gambling it'll break into the mid $50-ish range before Christmas, but once it's too late for holiday delivery. If it does, I'll jump at that price.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back