PDR_0490.JPG

PDR_0491.JPG

PDR_0492.JPG

PDR_0494.JPG

PDR_0499.JPG

PDR_0500.JPG

Last edited:
OK again - weird...

This photo was taken around 2010 in Los Angels at the Star Wars - When Science Meets The Imagination display...

All black...

...ROTS version...?

Ok.. now this is making more sense. I know Hasbro is not perfect when it comes to details but I really though it was odd that they did not do the two tone effect on the helmet. But then again, I assumed they were going for replicating the Return of the Jedi version since that is what I think of for this type of prop. I completely forgot about Revenge of the Sith. And that is probably the reference they utilized for this product.

Ok.. now this is making more sense. I know Hasbro is not perfect when it comes to details but I really though it was odd that they did not do the two tone effect on the helmet. But then again, I assumed they were going for replicating the Return of the Jedi version since that is what I think of for this type of prop. I completely forgot about Revenge of the Sith. And that is probably the reference they utilized for this product.

So did I...! I Think we're all trying to forget the prequels...!

And I think your theory on the BS helmet is spot on, MJF

Some pics:

BS nose
ZZZ IMG_5278.JPG

eFX nose
zzz IMG_5279.JPG

BS chin grill (toy-like)
zzz IMG_5280.JPG

Toy manufacturer imprint
zzz IMG_5282.JPG

"Plasticy" with screw holes
zzz IMG_5285.JPG

Most certainly the collar / attachment ring shown in the box pic
zzz IMG_5288.JPG

Due to Amazon being incompetent, I ended up paying £66.50 for mine. Really can't complain for that price.

Attachments

• EibSvyrl.jpg
    EibSvyrl.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Went to Walmart the other night and someone had returned one of these and switched it with the cheap costume version. Tried to bring it to the attention of the manager, but he didn't understand what I was saying.

Went to Walmart the other night and someone had returned one of these and switched it with the cheap costume version. Tried to bring it to the attention of the manager, but he didn't understand what I was saying.

That must be some retarded manager. And I want to be as offensive to him as possible. Come on now that wins as the dumbest thing of 2018.

That must be some retarded manager. And I want to be as offensive to him as possible. Come on now that wins as the dumbest thing of 2018.

Well, he didn't speak the best english, so it wasn't really his fault. Just frustrating. Fortunately, they didn't put it back out. I went and checked the next day.

I just saw several of these black series Vader helmets at my local Wally world. I don’t think they are selling very well. I’m going to wait until they’re on the clearance aisle.

I will be honest, I ended up finding one at my walmart and bought it. My opinion on the the overall look still stands, butt ugly as hell. I bought this solely as a reveal display so I will never have all 3 pieces together, I think it looks soo much better separated and with out the dome. I dont even want my dome. Who ever can pay shipping can have mine! It does nothing for the reveal aspect for me since I bought it just for the reveal detail.

Curious if anyone thought about doing a take on the melted DV helmet using one of these as the base? For $99 it is much cheaper to do a custom melted Vader than the cost of buying one of the limited run variants.

Curious if anyone thought about doing a take on the melted DV helmet using one of these as the base? For $99 it is much cheaper to do a custom melted Vader than the cost of buying one of the limited run variants.

I dont think a desired result would come of it with that ugly looking sculpt. The TFA helmet looks to be a sourced or at least A LOT closer to the original sculpt then this thing.

I will be honest, I ended up finding one at my walmart and bought it. My opinion on the the overall look still stands, butt ugly as hell. I bought this solely as a reveal display so I will never have all 3 pieces together, I think it looks soo much better separated and with out the dome .

Agreed - I have top notch ANH, ESB, ROTJ and ROTS helms and this is product should not be considered within the upper tier of "Great" fan made Vader's. Is spending 100 Dollars worth it on this? YES! However, as many have stated, including Vader 45....the 3 piece separated look/ mounted is the best for this helm. Yet, Kudo's to those who are trying to improve it's look.

Last edited:
I was told that it is not worth it because it's just a toy so i shouldn't buy it. so do you think she is wright.

Last edited:
So my mom said that it is not worth it because it's just a toy so i shouldn't buy it. so do you think she is wright.

Heh... if you can afford it without putting yourself into hardship and it will make you happy, then toy or not, it’s worth it. My two cents.

So my mom said that it is not worth it because it's just a toy so i shouldn't buy it. so do you think she is wright.

I have dealt with this growing up so I really did not get what I wanted to collect till I was way over 18. I feel for you. Infact I just gave away my Black Series TK to a kid who is just as enthusiastic about the hobby but has nothing to show for.

I really have nothing to say that could help. a mothers decision can not be preceded by anyone else. Best I can say is save up your own money, my mom always told me that.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back