Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I saw one in store a few weeks ago and it was an easy pass for me. Even the image on the box was ugly. It may be worth it to somebody who has the skill to modify it, but unfortunately I don't possess those skills.

I'm trying to think of a world, not on the RPF... where you could look at a Black Series Vader reveal with collar and sound for $100 and go... easy pass...

I'm trying to think of a world, not on the RPF... where you could look at a Black Series Vader reveal with collar and sound for $100 and go... easy pass...
I guess I'm just judging a book by its cover, but the box image looks so terrible. Beyond the neck, all the features just look exaggerated to the point of looking cartoonish. If what Toadmeister says is true about the box image, I may give it a reconsider, but right now I just think that the unmodified version looks bad. It has potential, but I'd rather save my money on this one.

I guess I'm just judging a book by its cover, but the box image looks so terrible. Beyond the neck, all the features just look exaggerated to the point of looking cartoonish. If what Toadmeister says is true about the box image, I may give it a reconsider, but right now I just think that the unmodified version looks bad. It has potential, but I'd rather save my money on this one.
Also looks bad unboxed in several pictures due to lense focal length, zoom, etc. Your physical eye perceives it different in person.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks great in my hobby room. That's the Black Series Stormtrooper helmet and Bandai PG Falcon there too:

27bf68113728d300a9670c4ec6d3d5ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I tried to like it and watched several reviews on it. The actual helmet is what is on the box.

Bought one. But will wait on opening it. Allow it to percolate...

Biggest worry is this:

IMG_5266.JPG

Is that the way it really is...?

In the un-boxing video I posted it looks better; looks fine...

It looks like the magnet attachments for the dome fell out and are stuck on the mask.

Thats what I was thinking. Looks like some attachment ring for the dome.

Odd since the image I posted is right off the box. Poor depiction of the product, and could scare away unsuspecting prospective buyers.

How funny - was just going through some archived threads. Forgot that I have a resin cast of the old Illusive Concepts Sebastian Shaw / Anakin reveal bust.

Wonder how well the collar will fit around the bust? Too bad they are in different states right now...

Thats what I was thinking. Looks like some attachment ring for the dome.

Odd since the image I posted is right off the box. Poor depiction of the product, and could scare away unsuspecting prospective buyers.

Looks like the image of the box is from an earlier prototype. Not only is it missing the magnets, but the place where the magnets go have a slope to them whereas the actual product, the area holding the product is almost flat. Not the first time Hasbro had done such a thing.

I don't mind the detail inaccuracies, I feel that they are not as noticeable when viewing the product in separate pieces which is what I plan to do. The thing that bothered me was the paint detailing. As we all know, it is missing the two tone effect seen on the helmet especially during the scene in which we see the reveal. However to get past that... I am going accept it as a A New Hope version and that is what it would look like in its separate pieces if we saw it in that movie. At least till someone offers some paint services for this. :p

Unboxed it.

The ring in the box image clearly is the adapter ring that is supposed to be affixed inside the dome.

Overall, its frustrating close to being REALLY cool...

It IS really well done, especially for the price. But the overall shape of the dome and face are just ever so slightly off. Mainly, dome is too short (as mentioned) and the triangle "mouth" seems to big. And the chin vent is way too big.

Forgive my terminology - not up on the Vader vernacular.

Also, does have a toy feel to it. Not too bad. But toy-like. Has mold seams, manufacture-stamped statements, screw holes. Things we're all familiar with when it comes to toys that are VERY close to the prop or model we are aiming for.

Then there is the overall black paint scheme. Screams to be re-painted with the gun metal.

Weird - the angled sides of the triangle mouth are curved. Should be straight.

All the detail inside the mouth, where the breathing tubes are, is overly simplified, too.

The silver paint inside the nose is only on the flat back, doesn't follow the interior recess of the nose cavity.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back