Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

Wish they had a straight on view and a better view of the interior.

Overall size looks pretty good, but still looks like the original pic or concept picture.

This looks...BAD.Sorry.;)

My first thoughts exactly......i had such high hopes for this....it looks like an Altman's with a cut off neck.......the dome is to short and narrow on top, the face too wide and square, no neck to speak of...it would take a CRAP TON of work to make this look like a prop rather than a toy....what a wasted opportunity.....:(

I know it IS basically a toy, but, come on....they KNOW who buys this stuf!!!! ...also after the really quite excellent Poe and Stormtrooper helmets, i thought they'd try to make it look like the prop....:(

Rich

And the best is the guy on the video: "Best helmet we made..."-Ähem NO![emoji38]
I think that depends on what you consider. It isn't the most accurate, but it appears to be the most complex in design and functionality. It is pretty amazing that it will be $100. Obviously it isn't in the same league as much higher priced replicas, but that isn't very realistic to expect.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I think that depends on what you consider. It isn't the most accurate, but it appears to be the most complex in design and functionality. It is pretty amazing that it will be $100. Obviously it isn't in the same league as much higher priced replicas, but that isn't very realistic to expect.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I was not talking about higher price replicas...I´m talking about Hasbros own helmet line.And every BS helmet before was more accurate for the price.
Its really not a big thing today to produce a plastic Vaderhelmet with the right dimensions.They can buy a Rubies Supreme or an EFX PVC helmet for reference.
But no..they are making their own sculpt that looks like a too small Altmann`s.I cannot understand that.

In the video he says it's the prototype they are showing, though. Any chance some of those features were tweaked before production? Like the curved sides of the triangular mouth, for instance? It does suck that it's just not right size-wise, but that doesn't bother me as much as the facial features.

I know these are toys, but I kinda thought the Black Series was geared more toward the adult collector. So, why can't Hasbro, with today's tech, create a film accurate helmet of DV? Is it possible that Disney influenced the design? Or was it just stupid young Hasbro guys thinking it would be cool to do a mash-up from all the movies? :confused

I was looking at the photos and while the helmet does look undersized, I wonder if all the reveal parts are 1:1 or close enough to be cut off and transferred to an accuratey sized helmet.

I bought a Rubies 1:1 plastic helmet back in 2005 and it’s just sitting in the box. My original plan was to re-work it to make it accurate but then I got a SgtFang, then the Efx fiberglass, and also the Efx PCR.

Maybe this would be a good way to get most of the Reveal parts in one shot, cheap.

I hope the sculpt was tweaked for production. The thing in the video is a complete waste of time, money and opportunity.

Come on now, with the prices of the BS line you think a lot of parents would be buying these for their kids? I know my Mom would have said no for a $80 stormtrooper helmet when I was a kid. And they are also adult sized...the Stormtrooper is 1:1 prop scale. Its obvious that Hasbro was gearing more towards the adult collector while still selling in the toy market.

Hasbro might have focused more on the reveal aspect then the sculpt of the helmet, But if they want it to appeal to the adult collector the sculpt matters just as much as the reveal aspect does.....

I wont be buying one if that's the final sculpt. I'm disappointed with Hasbro. Their Trooper is as accurate as it can be while being symeterical and the Poe is like 95% accurate too,

giphy.gif

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back