Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

The eye shape is all wrong, I think that's what is most jarring to me

Sadly every part of this helmet is wrong. Sorry Hasbro... :thumbsdown

It's like they can't use an original helmet for this toy and have to resculpt a different new one for license reasons...

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is what they've modeled.

View attachment 759135

or may be this one?

IMG_9560.JPG

It would be awesome if the final product had the correct proportions but I'm betting it will be basically like the picture. Hope I'm wrong.

What sculpt? They haven't shown it yet.

He is referring to the original concept images. If that is what we get then its a deal breaker for me and not worth what they will charge. That sculpt is so far off and so not as well done as the other Black Series helmets.

But well have to wait and see what a production helmet looks like.

Everyone keeps calling these concept paintings or artwork. If these are coming this spring, these are renders or photos of the preproduction prototype, if not the final. They’ve got to be getting tooling finalized. This is what we’re getting, aside from minor tweaks to greeblies and specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone keeps calling these concept paintings or artwork. If these are coming this spring, these are renders or photos of the preproduction prototype, if not the final. They’ve got to be getting tooling finalized. This is what we’re getting, aside from minor tweaks to greeblies and specs.

If this is what we really are getting then Hasbro has shot the baby while blinded by the end goal product. How can they do so well up until now? Im really convincing my self that is not what we are getting.

Well, let me put it this way.

Based on the sculpt or “concept images” here’s the lot of things that would need to change to be approved as a basic approval in the Legion

1. Neck brace, gone.
2.helmet, resized and rescaled
3. lenses replaced
4. Chin vent reworked
5. Mouth reworked
6. Cheeks reworked
7. Teeth reworked
8. Neck elongated and reshaped
9. Flash guard and mouth guards added

Now that’s just what I can tell from these images. Who knows about the tusks, cheek tubes or other details. For me this is more work than modifying a rubies and a modded rubies hasn’t been approved in a very long time.

Why bring this up now? Cuz if you really care about approval get on someone’s waiting list today and you’ll have an approvable helmet hopefully by the time these ship. If you care about cost a DU is like what, $400?

Shortcuts aren’t the way to put together Vader.

Great art is always in demand.
Crap is always in stock.

Maybe, but who knows when this was created? Just because we are just seeing this now, doesn't mean it was created recently. But, I'm still baffled as to why the art is so "off". We will just have to wait and see.

Has there been artist's renderings for all of these SW black series helmets? If so, maybe look back to see the accuracy of those vs. the final.

For whatever reason, Vader's helmet is the hardest thing to get close to looking accurate for all toy companies.

I actually went through the trouble of modeling in Blender a Vader helmet to 3d print so I could have a more accurate one for my Jakks Big Fig Vader.

Mine isn't perfect, but I definitely think it's better than it was.

vader-comparison-figure.jpg

Last edited:
Darth-Vader-Helmet-front.jpgAll of the pictures are 3D renderings, not photos. I REALLY hope the manufacturing shakes out something better. I have screen accurate Vaders for the legion, but I want a Rubies Supreme set with this helmet as a knock around collector item and Halloween costume.

Last edited:
The final Star Lord helmet looks better than the initial renders, I'm sure this will too. I don't expect high accuracy though, just something I can actually mess around with without fear of dropping it and damaging it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back