Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I tend to agree with the size thing. Several have said the BS helmets are for kids - they're not. They are too big for a kid's head. They are adult sized.

As for electronics - look at the decent (admitedly not 100% accurate but close for most) products done by the Wand Company for Star Trek and Doctor Who. They can't be marketed as props, as they don't have the prop license, but they look good on the shelf nevertheless.

Come to think of it, with all of the interior details, it really does need to be Prowse-sized if they want people to be able to actually wear it. I'm sure they don't anybody poking their eyes out on the interior mics when putting it on, etc.

By making it smaller, I am referring to the length/angle of the back of the dome and the neck. Both of these have been made smaller on previous releases but the interior is still big enough for an adult to wear.

Is the box for an efx PCR much bigger than the previous BS line boxes?

I'm not totally convinced the BS line helmets are only for adults considering the gimmicky sound features. Maybe more for young adults. Some things like that may be done to keep it in the toy license as opposed to the more expensive costume and replica ranges.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Hasbro has definitely been doing good things on their Black Series lids. Their first one, Kylo Ren is decent (not great). Then the Stormtrooper was pretty damn good. And they up the ante on the Poe helmet. Sweet. And now this. I am pretty sure we will see Boba Fett down the line.

Hasbro has definitely been doing good things on their Black Series lids. Their first one, Kylo Ren is decent (not great). Then the Stormtrooper was pretty damn good. And they up the ante on the Poe helmet. Sweet. And now this. I am pretty sure we will see Boba Fett down the line.

Bo-BUH, Bo-BUH, Bo-BUH!!!

I wonder if they are using the same digital information they have used for their titanium helmets and just blowing the proportions up. Each black series full size helmet has also been a titanium helmet, with exception to the TK helmet, which might have just needed minor tweaking. Of course that could just be coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_6972.jpg

New photo. I really hope it's just lens distortion that's making it look so wide :/

Dome definitely too small and neck to short. If the face is the same size, you could possibly fit a bigger dome on it and that would improve it a lot.

blackseriesvadercomparison.jpg

Here is the Hasbro with EFX dome.
blackseriesvadercomp2.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Vader one is based more on the ROTS than the ROTJ, for symmetry and for something closer to "normal" sized. All the other BS helmets have been 1:1 sized. The Kylo was darn close to dead-on to the film prop. The Stormtrooper is within scant millimeters (allowing for symmetry). None of these are scaled down kids' toys. The electronics are for added play value, yes, and kids of all ages either enjoy those or don't.

--Jonah

If the helmet looks like the one on the last pic its a disaster.
But its only a concept painting...so keep cool,guys.;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back