Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I think you're right I think it's the same as with the 1989 Batman property. Hot Toys had the 12 " license while Neca held 7" and 18" licenses. Probably has to do with scale and detail..

Well it looks like the pics so far.....not that good, but it looks big, and if its the right overall size i'm still going to get it and see what can be done :)

It's still nice for casual collecters given the alternatives, real nice.

accuracy is free...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Accuracy isn't free if it makes the box too large or if it takes extra research, design, or manufacturing costs. Many of the cheaper Vaders have domes and necks that are too small. As far as cheap Vaders, this one looks pretty good, but it isn't in the same class as higher end replicas.

At least they don't appear to have a speaker grill or battery door on the side like the stormtrooper.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Well it looks like the pics so far.....not that good, but it looks big, and if its the right overall size i'm still going to get it and see what can be done :)

I think you could make it look a lot better with adding new and more accurate parts and paint...its like with everything.
It can be a fun project to mod..but not more.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're right I think it's the same as with the 1989 Batman property. Hot Toys had the 12 " license while Neca held 7" and 18" licenses. Probably has to do with scale and detail..

No..Hasbro has the 1:1 license.But only with toys.All other BS-helmets are fullsize and very accurate.They must only have a toy-function like a voicechanger or something.
Thats not the reason for the small and inaccurate Vader.

I think you could make it look a lot better with adding new and more accurate parts and paint...its like with everything.
It can be a fun project to mod..but not more.

- - - Updated - - -

No..Hasbro has the 1:1 license.But only with toys.All other BS-helmets are fullsize and very accurate.They must only have a toy-function like a voicechanger or something.
Thats not the reason for the small and inaccurate Vader.

Thanks for Clarifying. But perhaps it is due to the fact that it cannot be mistaken for something else?

- - - Updated - - -

Which makes me wonder, ever finish the paintjob on your efx ;)? last I saw you had fixed the tusk gap and repainted the mask part.

Accuracy isn't free if it makes the box too large or if it takes extra research, design, or manufacturing costs. Many of the cheaper Vaders have domes and necks that are too small. As far as cheap Vaders, this one looks pretty good, but it isn't in the same class as higher end replicas.

At least they don't appear to have a speaker grill or battery door on the side like the stormtrooper.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Oh, Hasbro is worried about the box being too large? Really?

starwars.jpgROGUE-ONE-A-STAR-WARS-STORY-RAPID-FIRE-IMPERIAL-AT-ACT-Playset.jpgmaxresdefault (1).jpg2432579139_abc41e3704_z.jpg

Then I want Hasbro to remake all the electronic toy blasters into screen accurate replicas, and I want 1/1 size lightsabers with thin necks as well, and I want all my action figures to have spot on facial likeness to the actors, and I want all my Hasbro toy vehicles to be spot on SS replicas. I mean, everyone knows what the props look like and accuracy is free, right??

I wont settle for less.....

Where's my quirt gun...

Sure they can have large boxes. But I bet one of the restrictions when designing a toy is to keep the box within certain dimensions. Those dimensions will vary from toy to toy.

You show the assembled toys. How big are the boxes? I have had some of the large toys like the Imperial Shuttle, AT-AT, Death Star play set, Falcon, and Rebel Transport. Some disassembled toys can be fit into a much smaller box than the assembled toy.

Part of designing a toy is to stay within specified limits so they can make money selling it. Those limits will vary from toy to toy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Then I want Hasbro to remake all the electronic toy blasters into screen accurate replicas, and I want 1/1 size lightsabers with thin necks as well, and I want all my action figures to have spot on facial likeness to the actors, and I want all my Hasbro toy vehicles to be spot on SS replicas. I mean, everyone knows what the props look like and accuracy is free, right??

I wont settle for less.....

Where's my quirt gun...
While these toy boxes are large, several of the toys were scaled down or modified so the toy isn't really in scale with the figures. Why did they do that? Maybe because making them in scale would be too big?

The thing to remember is this: If you want a replica (and pay attention, because this is where it gets tricky), buy a replica. If you want something that looks about right, makes a nice display piece, and can be worn with no reservations or regret, buy this. It's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. It's significantly better than anything (toy wise) that's preceded it. For those like me who want something like this, flawed or not, hallelujah! For you purists who believe paying three to eight times as much for a replica is money well spent? Good on you. Do that. At this point it's a done deal. All the complaining in the world isn't going to change it.

Sure they can have large boxes. But I bet one of the restrictions when designing a toy is to keep the box within certain dimensions. Those dimensions will vary from toy to toy.

You show the assembled toys. How big are the boxes? I have had some of the large toys like the Imperial Shuttle, AT-AT, Death Star play set, Falcon, and Rebel Transport. Some disassembled toys can be fit into a much smaller box than the assembled toy.

Part of designing a toy is to stay within specified limits so they can make money selling it. Those limits will vary from toy to toy.

Geez, do you make boxes or something?

Well, as you can see in one of the previous photos, there is 12 inch Biker Scout ON his fully assembled speeder bike. But, here's the legacy falcon nearly fully assembled minus the forks and landing gear.
star-wars--legacy-collection----hasbro---millennium-falcon--with-han-solo---chewbacca--p-image-3.jpg
I'm sure that Hasbro has to think about how to package stuff and I'm sure box size is a concern for store shelves... But, wait...
IMG_0022.jpg
Walmart makes space right out in the middle of the aisle for huge boxes. How about that?

Ah, I'm just bustin' your chops, ggriffaw. You may or may not have a valid point. I'm of the group who thinks that Hasbro probably has to tone down the accuracy on some of these things so they don't **** off the expensive prop replicators. (Although, the R1 Stormy was pretty spot on, I thought.) Hell, I'll probably buy a Vader helmet, too and just modify or replace the helmet somehow. And I'll just have to live with the inaccurate mug.

This is the same argument that goes on with star Wars model kits. When FM had the license people wondered why the X-Wing canopy was all wonky when they had access to accurate measurements/reference. Why the FM Falcon mandibles were parallel, etc....
That's they way they were instructed to do it.

Why does Bandai not include 3 dimensional standing figures with the vehicle kits anymore? Because it infringes upon the licensing rights of other toy makers.

Why is this Vader lid not more accurate to the full size prop? Because it would infringe on the license that others hold for the same replica.

Pretty simple as far as I'm concerned.

Look at it this way. You hold the license to do an accurate 1/1 static prop replica of something. You charge $500 for your static replica. Now, along comes John Doe Toy Company and offers a full lights and sound replica of the same thing. Same details, same size, etc. But JDTC only charges one fifth of what you charge. How would your company feel?

That's why this toy is not 100% accurate.....

This is the same argument that goes on with star Wars model kits. When FM had the license people wondered why the X-Wing canopy was all wonky when they had access to accurate measurements/reference. Why the FM Falcon mandibles were parallel, etc....
That's they way they were instructed to do it.

Why does Bandai not include 3 dimensional standing figures with the vehicle kits anymore? Because it infringes upon the licensing rights of other toy makers.

Why is this Vader lid not more accurate to the full size prop? Because it would infringe on the license that others hold for the same replica.

Pretty simple as far as I'm concerned.

Look at it this way. You hold the license to do an accurate 1/1 static prop replica of something. You charge $500 for your static replica. Now, along comes John Doe Toy Company and offers a full lights and sound replica of the same thing. Same details, same size, etc. But JDTC only charges one fifth of what you charge. How would your company feel?

That's why this toy is not 100% accurate.....

If that was the case, the other 3 wouldn't be so accurate. Anovos offers the Kylo Ren and Poe helmets yet the BS versions are very darn close for way less.

Nothing to do with licenses? :confused
So you think, that when they got the go ahead to do Vader, the designers were just allowed to sit down and do whatever they wanted? That they had no guidelines to follow? No direction they had to follow? That everything was just left up to them to come up with whatever they wanted with no regards to license agreements, keeping costs down to a certain point, features, etc? That's how you think business works???

When I was 6 years old, I was reading an avengers comic book and I decided I wanted to be like Thor one day. When I told my mom she laughed and said "okay". So I set out on my adventure in building a full-scaled Thor hammer, and I think it turned out decent. I took that thing everywhere with me for the next few days and in my mind it was cool, but after a week or so it was just heavy, bulky, unnecessarily big, and I looked rediculous hauling around a big out-of-scaled hammer around with me. So my mom made me one scaled to me and it wasn't such a pain to haul it around, and play with it anymore because it was scaled to me at the time. I know I still have it somewhere...

My point is, hasbro is a toy company.. producing toye made for kids... They should probably be scaled for kids anyways despite the packaging size or the shipping costs. If Hasbro wanted to make products just for adults, they would probably make a "collectors line" of products, that most likely wouldn't just be sold in the local targets and Walmarts. Those little kids are just like us at one point and see those inaccurate Vader helmets how we saw the Don post helmets back in the day. Look at it from their perspective and stop looking at it like a collector.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I somehow missed the video posted about the helmet. The breathing effect is really cool and that it changes to the labored breathing at end of Rotj when the mask is taken off neck piece.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back