Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Tri-Cities, WA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 11:26 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #226

I always figured Rubies/Don Post scaled Vader helmets down because it is such a huge helmet that most people who just want to wear them for halloween would look like ridiculous bobble heads and likely woudn't be that interested. It seems that some of the frustration with this current helmet, for us as prop collectors, is that Hasbro put so much into it-the reveal parts, opening neck brace, cool breathing effects-that why not make it full size? I get it. But I wonder if they too fear the dreaded bobble head, and wanted to make something smaller for more general public use? I have the Kylo, Stormtrooper, and Poe helmets, but even at 1:1 scale, they are nowhere near as big as a full scale Vader. Like I mentioned in a previous post, most people who see my Vader helmet are struck by how big it is, followed by them saying, "No way was his helmet that big!" I know it's frustrating for us propsters, but this is a toy company making some pretty cool stuff.
  2. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 11:33 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #227

Inquisitor Peregrinus said: View Post
    I can't attest to all of those, but no, the DP/Rubies Scout and Boba Fett aren't 1:1. There was some shrinkage in their mould-making off the originals they were given. The Boba's shrinkage isn't massive, but noticable when placed side-by-side with a true 1:1. The Scout is a little shrinkier, such that it's only suitable for shorter/more petite people to wear without looking like pinheads. This is why the ongoing delay of the eFX Scout is so aggravating. The worst offender was the original DP Royal Guard. THat shrank so much it's egregious. When I could scrape it on over my cheeks, sitting flat on the top of my head -- no padding --- the shoulder flares hung a good two to three inches above my shoulders.. Sitting next to their actual 1:1 Rubies Supreme Royal Guard helmet, it's a massive difference. I swear, that Supreme Guard utterly astonishes me. It was so out of character for the company. It's solid, sturdy fiberglass, true 1:1, an utterly accurate recreation (save for the visor color) of the original prop, and the right color, even. Their new, injection-molded Boba Fett is even better, in that it's lightweight, durable, easy to mod, and inexpensive. Plus it retains accuracy while evening out the symmetry -- my one big gripe with most Star Wars helmets. This is why I wept tears of joy over the Black Series Stormtrooper.

But now, the Vader isn't the only helmet DP/Rubies dropped the ball on as far as scaling issues. Not by a long shot.

As for this Vader...? Hell, even as foreshortened as the neck is, I still prefer it over just how absolutely wonky the original Vader mask was. The "purists" can hate on me all they want, but from the first time I noticed how melty-swoopy the neckline of that thing was, I can't unsee it ever.

--Jonah
    Well then I stand corrected, and I thank you for your input

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
    From
    Portchester UK
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 11:35 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #228

Thats crazy I missed the vid too.

The thing is def undersized but I think that had to happen or a price hike too almost double the price.

A screen accurate sized Vader lid is huge already, then add in.... its like the mask part is as big as the iron man lid (nearly) and then Vaders dome/helmet is as big as a xwing helmet (nearly).

So first you need all that, then add a seriously over the top reveal feature, then add electronics, then sell it for a third of the price of the EFX ?

Its never going to be that, not for the Black Series price point.

I would have liked all that to happen and i'd pay double for the pleasure, but as it is If i get, it I'll be chopping it up
    From
    Germany
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 1:26 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #229

Double plastic must not be 1:1 the double price.And I would pay the double price for an accurate helmetbase.
    From
    Germany
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 1:29 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #230

vaderbreath said: View Post
    I always figured Rubies/Don Post scaled Vader helmets down because it is such a huge helmet that most people who just want to wear them for halloween would look like ridiculous bobble heads and likely woudn't be that interested. It seems that some of the frustration with this current helmet, for us as prop collectors, is that Hasbro put so much into it-the reveal parts, opening neck brace, cool breathing effects-that why not make it full size? I get it. But I wonder if they too fear the dreaded bobble head, and wanted to make something smaller for more general public use? I have the Kylo, Stormtrooper, and Poe helmets, but even at 1:1 scale, they are nowhere near as big as a full scale Vader. Like I mentioned in a previous post, most people who see my Vader helmet are struck by how big it is, followed by them saying, "No way was his helmet that big!" I know it's frustrating for us propsters, but this is a toy company making some pretty cool stuff.
    Yes I also think thats the point.From the costumeside a 1:1 Vader is too big for kids and most people outthere.If you not have an accurate Armor a real Vaderhelmet looks like a bubblehead.And I think Hasbro donīt want that effekt with their toyrevealmask.I think that is the wrong way..but from the kidsside its the right one.
  6. RPF Premium Member Celtic007's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 6:40 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #231

Maybe Hasbro can come out with a future Vader as limited edition that's a true 1:1 to the original prop.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 7:59 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #232

Hasbro is a TOY license, and their products are such...... if you want a true 1:1 prop replica, you are on the right forum.....
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 9:20 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #233

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:09 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #234

I am sick and tired of this toy ****. Don't come around and produce EXCELLENT 1:1 helmets and then release this thing.

the old Stormtrooper helmets were undersized. Both the old Don Post and the current Rubies are undersized and look like ****. Hasbro has upped the game on the TK and has even beaten the EFX PCR. That is why I am angry at the new Vader Reveal. IT DROPS THE DAMN BALL HASBRO HAS SET.
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:19 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #235

Ok, if you're getting this angry and bent out of shape over a toy (and make no mistake, all of the things we discuss here basically amount to toys), then it may be time to take a step back and gain some perspective.
  11. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:21 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #236

ROFL !!!!

Oh god this whole thread is hysterical.

Hasbro didnít make an accurate helmet replica and everyone is having a tissy fit? Whoa!!! Shocker!!! How many accurate helmets HAVE they made again?

You canít get an accurate Vader helmet for $100 ?? Iím so sorry guys. Letís all go to therapy together and working out our feelings.

The EFX for $299 is an excellent Vader helmet. Iím no fan of Ginoís but theyíve done a really good job and Iíll give them credit. Their price is incredibly reasonable for the level of accuracy and detail given.

Iím sorry to be so dickish about it but you guys sound like people complaining that youíre parents bought you a USED car for your 16th birthday. These are 1st world problem folks.

Itís a toy. Looks like fun for kids to play with. Hell, Iíll be buying one for my son. Nice job on a cool toy design Hasbro. EFX kudos for making a great Vader helmet replica for $299.

Lifeís good folks!

12. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:26 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #237

I was hoping for something fantastic from Hasbro. Both my friend and I speculated they would release something grand after seeing the first 3. I am really passionate when it comes to Vader as he is my all time favorite character in the fictional universe. I expected more from Hasbro since they set the bar high on the BS and marvel helmets. Imo they have crushed Rubies and EFX. Now this is helmet is ranked below Rubies in terms of the look.

I know Hasbro is a toy company. But you guys can not sit there and tell me the BS helmets did not spill over into the adult prop collecting community on purpose by Hasbro.
  13. Gone but not forgotten.
    From
    Danville KY
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:27 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #238

And to be honest, it's Hasbro's damn ball to drop or do whatever the hell they want with it.
  14. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:31 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #239

I know I may have taken it to far but I really was looking forward to something better. Oh well...you guys have fun with it. The 3 piece reveal and sound FX is really state of the art for something of this level.
  15. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:34 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #240

1. The Kylo BS helmet is terrible. Weíve stopped recommending them because the mods to make approvable are to much of a PItA.

2. I donít know a single 501st TK using the BS helmet.

3. Even their sabers are far from prop accurate. The Kylo is huge. The Rey and Luke Re also totally off.

Thatís ok! They make toys and really nice ones.

16. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 9:36 AM - Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #241

Oh and btw Iím totally getting one of the new Rey (Luke) Disney parks sabers. They looks really fun.

17. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 10:31 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #242

Maybe someone at eFx bribed someone at Hasbro. "Hey, all this announcing quality product, making it, and actually delivering it to the consumer is making us look bad. Can you maybe drop the ball on this one? Thanks."
  18. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 10:32 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #243

Tan Djarka said: View Post
    Maybe someone at eFx bribed someone at Hasbro. "Hey, all this announcing quality product, making it, and actually delivering it to the consumer is making us look bad. Can you maybe drop the ball on this one? Thanks."
    Ok, now that is funny. Good one.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 11:31 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #244

Ok, ive read a few pages in this thread but missed the actual size data.

Exactly how much undersized will this be?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 11:36 AM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #245

Arenít we all, how did my grand father say it ďputting the cart before the horseĒ

The helmet that was shown was prototype right?

Maybe we all shouldnít be freakín out until we see the final product?

This is how I am in real life, I just donít want to waste the energy worrying/anger/depressed over anything in life until I know thatís the final outcome

Whether itís things going on in my life, movies, or movie Props

Either way, this is good enough for me to justdisplay the upper and lower faces.

The dome itself will probably just stay in the box, not because itís horrible or anything, but because I donít want to display it that way

21. RPF Premium Member Celtic007's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 12:14 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #246

halliwax said: View Post
    Either way, this is good enough for me to justdisplay the upper and lower faces.

The dome itself will probably just stay in the box, not because it’s horrible or anything, but because I don’t want to display it that way
    That's my plan as well. The biggest selling point of this helmet is that it is a full reveal helmet, so might as well show off all the detail on the top of the facemask.
    From
    Portchester UK
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 2:33 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #247

I don't think the real reveal mask even has a helmet does it ?
    Ive seen it a couple of times and i cant remember there being a fitted dome. They just used another dome for the shot. @halliwax and @Celtic007 have got the right attitude for this price point or just put up three times the money and buy the EFX.
    From
    Nashville, TN
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 4:11 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #248

Yeah, only the RPF would be bitchin' about a Vader reveal with collar and sound for $100 that was bigger than a bobble head.
    From
    Rome, Italy
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 5:26 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #249

The Rubies Supreme Vader helmet is 1:1 (more or less), and it's a $100 toy.
    Last edited by Fener; 1 Week Ago at 5:34 PM.
    From
    Portchester UK
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 6:00 PM - Re: Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon #250

I've got a modded efx pcr, and a rubies supreme waiting for the right idea that warrants the huge amount of work necassary to fix it up. Still not sure what to do with it really.

Perhaps its getting mated with the BS,

Rubies is smaller than efx btw.